Chapter 21: The Legend of the West

2nd December 1893

It was December time, the end of the year and near the time of Christmas. Though some people in the Wild West would celebrate honest like, there are some however who are dishonest and who deserve coal for Christmas, especially the O'Driscolls. The O'Driscolls had taken over an old abandoned mining town many miles west of Jamestown. So they were out of reach from the jurisdiction of the Jamestown lawmen.

There were at least 51 people currently in this town with them surrounding camp fires. Some women were there but they were few in number and even fewer were outlaws. The others were either prostitutes or maids.

The leaders were Liam O'Malley and Peter Peterson, though Liam was the youngest of the lot, he had the highest authority over everyone there. He was the one who ran the northern division of O'Driscolls and he were only 20. The pair were both in a mining house sat around a table with a map along with some cash, beers and plans. Here was where they stage their heists and executions. Liam had done very well as leader, though Peter had his doubts as he was 15 years older than the younger and not only that he doesn't trust the Red Wolf at all....

"What makes you think Robert will pull through on our demands?" Peter asked as he sharpened his hatchet with a smoothing stone.

"He was always out to do something or to prove himself to himself. He's the man who can be bored easily, Red Wolf will get the 4 thousand." Liam replied as he wrote down some notes for a future robbery.

"I'm not doubting that Liam. I'm doubting that he'll give it to us. I've seen the look in his eyes, he'd rather kill us all than to answer us." Peter retorted as he looked into the axe looking at how sharp it was. He knew how to use the axe in a devastating way, he was the butcher of the lot. He and his brother were the tallest and biggest ones of the Northern Division being they were both around 6ft 8, one could mistake him for bigfoot or a giant cause of their natural scary looks along with their height. He was one to be feared amongst the O'Driscolls, mainly because of his duel wielding axes he had on his belt and where he takes pleasure in killing his victims.

"Maybe you more than me, he and I have history. Bad history...." Liam reminded as he looked at the map taking down more notes and ideas. Peter though just holstered his axe as he got up and looked at a picture Liam had on his bed. He saw 2 boys on it, they were on a reservation of some sorts and looked almost alike.

"Colm told me about your brother. I know if I were to lose Adam, I'd hate his guts too. But I'd prefer we don't run into that path. Maybe we should pressure this guy and he'll give into us more ,like kill someone he knows in town."

"We could make things worse. I heard a rumour from the boys about Van Der Linde's boys being around."

"Why's that an issue you met one of them? Cause I have and they're just a bunch of pussies." Peter chuckled as he remembered the poker game. He also saw how pathetic Robert was by trying to stop him from fighting in the saloon. It made him want to barf upon the thought.

"I've never met Dutch's boys and I don't think we have to. We have our own business dealings here in Dakota states." Liam commented. It was true, not everyone from the Northern part of the O'Driscolls had never met Dutch Van Der Linde or their cronies, the people here were mainly just rundown degenerates from the Dakota states, Montana and Wisconsin. Some were fresh faces and not many knew of Colm's history that well. Other parts of the O'Driscoll gang knew but not the Northern.

The door to the house opened as a man with a black bushy beard entered the room with snow littering his attire. Peter and Liam both looked at him a bit annoyed that this man just interrupted their conversation.

"Cleetus?"

It was Cleetus Cassidy, one of many degenerate murderers in the gang had come back from scouting. His mission was to find what happened to a group who hadn't reported back to camp. "Mister O'Malley...Bryce and his boys are dead. Just seen their camp and there's dead bodies littering it."