Chapter 6: Bounty Hunting

The frost over the great plains grew ever more as a golden horse and it's rider rode across. The man was hunting alright, he had his weapons and tools ready for any potential risks, bounty hunting.

Yes, bounty hunting. It is highly paid work an yet controversial to the west as the idea of freedom is thrown out the window with men and women hunting others simply because the price was right. However it is also good to have the right scumbags off the west as those wild men taint the west. They make others think that the west is not about the romance or the adventure but more or less it's just people killing each other. So Bounty Hunting whilst controversial is good pay, especially when your a scarlet canine in a debt.

The Golden stallion slowed down as Robert stared at the footprints on the ground seeing if they were fresh or not, they were. He was close to his target alright. He was in the little settlement called Napoleon, it was south from his main town of operations though he came here for a good reason. The tracks that belonged to the bounty seemed to be fresh and matching the boot-wear  size he had on his poster.  Getting off Golden horse he approached the barn where a Ranch was built. Though he had no time talking to the rancher as his target was inside the barn.

"Ernie Finley!" Yelled out The Red Wolf. His right hand went down to his right holster as his left grabbed something in his coat pocket. Silence endured with nothing but the animals outside the barn making their everyday mooing or clucking.

"I have a contract of your arrest warrant! Show yourself now and I won't kill you!"

An eerie silence was heard till a bucket from within the barn had spilt over, possibly by someone inside in a desperate hurry.

"Come on Ernie, you and I both know that your gonna come out of there sooner or later, I mean do you really want to live in a barn filled with cow shit?" The gunslinger mocked.

Running out of patience he pointed his gun in the air and fired it! All the animals in the area was spooked. Though within seconds the barn doors opened. Red Wolf pointed his gun down onto the man walking out with his hands in the air. A white man in his thirties with a great big ginger bushy beard emerged from the stable doors.

"Woah man all you had to do was ask, I am unarmed." Ernie nervously chuckled.

"Keep your hands up where I can see them." Robert motioned as he folded the poster and put it into his pocket as he pulled something else from his coat, a pair of handcuffs from his pocket as Ernie approached with hands ready.

"Thank you. See? No trouble for either of us." Robert commented as he opened one of the clasps.

Though his patience was to be punished. Ernie kicked Robert in the groin and knocked him down to the ground. The Red Wolf groaned in pain.

"Fuck. Should'a seen that coming." He said picking up his gun.

As Robert recovered he saw Ernie ride his horse sprinting away! Robert then whistled for the Golden horse as he came in and Robert immediately got on the horse though the recent injury made it a painful ride.

"Owwwwww.....oh your gonna regret this!" The Red Wolf roared. As the horse gave chase. Chasing across the plains both narrowly avoided rocks and many ditches the landscape through at each other!

"I didn't do it!" Ernie yelled.

"Then why are you running away?!" Robert retorted.

"I didn't mean to do it!" He continued to plead.

"You just leave! I won't show my face in the state again I promise!"

"You should've thought about that before you kicked me!"