Chapter 30: The Wolves

The Wild West...where gunslingers, outlaws, cowboys, whoremongers, thieves, murderers and conmen thrived. With the end of the 1880s a new gang had formed. Forged from troubled backgrounds. From boys who never got a fair chance to live a life they wanted. Some were outcasts, runaways, victims and orphans seduced by the suffering of society and the Wild west.

But they came together in a town near an Indian reservation. Some trained under a legend of the West himself. Under the proper tutelage they became the honourable gunslingers the innocent and the weak could depend on. They were heroes in some peoples eyes.

There was many tales and stories of a gang in the West, a tale of a bunch of boys from the Dakota territories and soon to be North Dakota. The many adventures of the Wolves of Dakota or The Wolves would spark a legendary status in the Dakota states.

Some of those tales forth-told. As their adventures made them renounced in the state, other outlaws or lawmen had noted it and held some great deal of respect. For they had stolen who needed stolen from, killed who needed to be killed and fed those who needed fed.

One time they raided a reform school and revealed it's corruption. Another they had robbed other outlaw's camp and returned the money back to the victims. They had it worse so they made it their mission to ensure other's weren't them. Vigilantes for the law who mostly never went after them cause of their honourable code.

They called themselves the Wolves due to their way of life. Similar to the predator animal, a wolf works in a pack depending on each other for survival. A Wolf knows how to find a scent for prey and when threatened, they becomes the most ferocious animals to the fool who provoked them.

The boys themselves became men and became the mature gunslingers they would turn to be, later in life. Whether they would stick to their morals was up to them.

Their time together made their bonds stronger. They were brothers in arms but brothers none the less. They were a pack, they were the ruthless yet generous, violent if needed to be, bring justice to those who cannot protect themselves.

They rode together for 2 years, those years alone were some of the best they had ever lived. All of them had fun whilst it lasted....

They were the Wolves.

Here they are, The Wolves Gang 1890

From left to right
(Shane Nelson, Robert Reznov, Oscar O'Malley, George Moore, Bruce Kensington, Liam O'Malley, Marko Gomez)

I'm thinking of doing a One-shots book about the adventures the wolves did as they're a bunch of teens running around the country being young outlaws.