Chapter 7: A Quiet Evening

Music blared through at the saloon. The pianist was giving his all which kept the mood of the saloon alive and well. It was helped that a working girl hung around him feeding him his booze. Inside the smell of alcohol, cigarettes and steaming hot food stank the place out like mad. The patron's within were drunken fools helping themselves to drink to death.

The Red Wolf stood on the corner of a counter with his bottle of beer. He was eyeing up the whole saloon seeing whether he should intervene in something or should he stand quietly enjoying his drinks. He did this a lot often then he should do although it was one of the few things he enjoyed let in his life. Drinking his booze down he thought about the man who he spoke after delivering Ernie Finley to the Sherriff's office. Obviously the same man from the bar fight so what was his story, he knew he was actually Arthur Morgan though Robert thought about if he was wondering if he wanted him in his gang. Obviously he wouldn't join at all.

Though he wondered if these people were on the run and if there was a price on their heads. Cause if so, it could be a potential blessing in disguise for his debt. If he found the posters for them. But maybe not as he did have other things he was planning for. His big score was coming soon, and it would bring it all to an end.

Taking another gulp he downed his beer. Due to his English and Russian heritage he could certainly take the alcohol down easily. He had almost finished his 4th bottle and still standing straight. Though he did eye up and spotted 2 certain faces in the bar, a pair of O'Driscolls walking in like they owned the place pushing anyone out of their way. If Robert intervened there would have been chaos and he'd have a hit on him from Colm. So he stood with himself trying to stop himself from throwing those degenerates out. They got themselves a large bottle of whiskey as they got their seats laughing about whatever business they were doing.

"Evening, Red Wolf."

A familiar voice called in as the same man holding cheese the other day stood on Robert's left. The man then ordered himself a beer as he stared at the young man.

"Can we actually talk or just continue to ignore me kid." Mac demanded.

"No I prefer my drinking rather quiet like" Robert retorted.

"Come on now, when you drink it's when it's special. I mean you look like you've been busy today." Mac encouraged as he motioned his hands around.

"You could say that." Robert said as he finished his bottle. He then knocked the counter with his gloved hands and the tender gave the Red Wolf another bottle.

"So why'd you mug those poor girls?" Aggravation spoke out of Robert.

"...force of habit...." Mac countered.

"Force of habit?" He scoffed "Come on. They may be annoying but you can't just go around robbing people who are just getting by with life."

"Oh great." Mac grumbled.

"What?" Robert asked.

"You sound just like my mentor."

"Well I'm sure he'd agreed with me. Look I just prefer to be alone, that's all." Robert argued as he took another sip of beer.

"Come on why would a young man want to be alone? You got a lot of years ahead. It's the perfect time of your life to grow and have people around!" Mac argued.

"No, people come. And people go, the only person who doesn't desert you is one's self." Robert stated coldly and stoic.

"Hey that's not what I meant." Mac tried to continue on his point, though it wasn't having any impact on The Red Wolf.

"Things have been tough on me as of lately and if you excuse me. I'll be at the cards." Robert declared as he left taking his beer to the card table. He then clicked to the barman to order another beer as Robert came to sit down at the cards table.