Chapter 29: The Untouchables

Warning! There is an attempted rape scene in this chapter. If you don't want to read it, just skip it. Those who wish to continue reading it, do it at your own risk.

16th July 1888

It was a warm day on the emerald plains as 3 riders were riding through the Heartlands of it all. 3 riders who were the Wolves of Dakota.

The name was decided after Oscar had the idea of it. He claimed that since Robert was the "Red Wolf" after being named by the Natives in the region, that they had rights to hold names themselves. So after a long talk in the saloon in Jamestown they decided their new names to have an identity in the Wild West.

Robert was already the Red Wolf, and was lucky that red was his favourite colour. In that regard the others had to pull their names out of a hat but with some mixed results. With that done Liam became the Green Wolf, Oscar was the Blue Wolf, Shane the Yellow Wolf, Bruce the bronze Wolf, Marko the Orange Wolf and George the silver wolf.

They sought to be moral guns, people who would look up to and be helped. From some were taught from the natives, gunslingers and other people. They were taught to be responsible, so that's became their motto. So they sought to rid the Dakota territories of the worst scum there and make it a wild yet safe place to live in.

It was a perfect life  for them. But even so not all the Wolves could be together to do their jobs that help the defenceless or innocents or taking down degernates. 

The O'Malley brothers, Bruce and George had gotten a lead in Jamestown that they were dealing with. Leaving Robert, Shane and Marko to do their own thing and had both agreed to meet at the border at Canada the next day. To engage in a bit of smuggling.

Specifically Whiskey, moonshine and lagers from Canada and import to dry counties in America.

"So we do this quick and right and then we head back to the reservation." Shane stated as their ride went on for a while.

"Yeah we heard the plan several times Shane."  Robert said with a monotone as Shane had continuously made this comment many times.

"Just saying, nothing wrong with reminding on what to do." The Yellow Wolf reminding the trio.

"Shane your 14 years old not some 4 year old simpleton." Robert retorted and Marko giggled a little bit. But Shane grumbled as he pulled back from leading to directly talk to the pair from the left side looking onto them as their horses rode.

"Merde, the things I do for this gang. It's my lead remember, I'm the main reason we got this job." He grumbly said, he had a certain encounter with this job. The main reason they were doing it was because Shane had met a shady yet amusing man when in Bismarck. He didn't quite get the man's name, only that he was a magician in posh clothing with a top hat and moustache to top it off. Though a scamming magician at that, he had said he was going to relinquish the alcohol and sell it to some counties down south. Shane saw an opportunity and took the job without question.

"Yeah but only me and Marko agreed to come. So you wouldn't have pulled this on your own alright." Robert replied but he had another question on his mind "How won't they know it weren't us?"

"They'll think it's the Copperheads." Marko stated, his English had improved massively and despite Robert not knowing any Spanish he was able to teach Marko how to speak and write English. But the Copperheads seemed something he knew of from the tone of voice he had.

"Who?" Shane wondered.

Marko sighed as he explained. "They're a gang of Highway men and murderers who attack people on the road. They're a big gang amigo, from Arizona. Ruthless bastards they are, they'll take and use whatever property they take to their advantage. My bastard father met them and it amazed me that even he was disgusted by them."