Chapter 18: Kidnapping

It were a beautiful afternoon as the skies were starting to light up from blue to orange as dusk was starting to set in. Ashmore Manor was in the sight of a certain young outlaw, though his mood was not good. It had been a few days since he had been back as his journey to find the Red Wolf was long and treacherous. Along the way he had encountered an O'Driscoll camp which he easily took care of, though he was still pissed off with how things were going. Ever since they were in North Dakota it had seemed the Red Wolf was everywhere the gang went and interfering with their plans, (even though he knew it was the other-way around.)

It especially hurt knowing that the Red Wolf was someone he once knew, but he had to prove himself to Dutch. He just had to. He needed the train score back to get some old glory back.

"Hey who's that?!" Arthur yelled out from guard duty.

"It's John you moron!"

"Shut up Marston!"

Riding into camp John dismounted his horse and moved his steed into the barn where the other horses were. He was feeling extra tempt though, he didn't feel like explaining himself to Dutch over what's just happened. Or at least just yet, John just didn't want another "noble savage" speech to him. He just walked over to where the grave was as he pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it.

"Well? How'd it go?" Davey asked as he stood against a tree where the grave was. Thank goodness it were Davey. He at least could trust Davey to know things, he was in the same sinking ship as John.

"I wasn't successful." John replied, offering a cigarette to Davey. He simply smoked as he began to snigger to himself.

"I told you boy." Davey chuckled.

"You didn't say shit." John retorted throwing his cigarette on the ground.

"I heard from Mac about what's going on. So we didn't get the score a second time?! You should've shot him and be done with." Davey complained.

"He would've killed me, the conditions weren't right for us."

"Ha! As if that's the case, my ass!"

But before any more arguing could go on, Bill appeared as he approached the pair holding his repeater rifle. Both men turned to him approaching them and both just sighed as both of them crossed their arms.

"Hey boys!" He called out to them. John just raised his eyebrow wondering if Bill had an insane idea or not.

"Williamson."

"I've just been over-hearing what your saying and erm...Well, I have a plan boys. It can get the score to be handed over and we'd finally kill that son of a bitch." He proposed with an aggressive motion.

"He's not worth killing Bill. He'd have killed us already if he wanted to. He's the quicker than all of us...except me." John replied. He really didn't want to kill Robert but that's what he feared is going to happen.

"Don't boast Marston, what is your plan that'll save our decrepit reputation with Dutch?" Davey cut in leaning against the tree.

"I heard from Morgan that he has a girlfriend. So I was thinking we grab her and threaten to kill her if he doesn't make for our demands." He explained, this might be a good idea Davey thought.

"That's not that inspiring of a plan. But I spose it's as good as any." Davey agreed, he turned over to the young man awaiting an answer. "John?"

John sighed, this did seem to be the only idea they had that can work, but maybe then he'd make the Red Wolf concede into giving the train score over to them. "Alright, but don't tell anyone else. Don't need Dutch to lecture us again."