Chapter 16: John Marston

"We didn't get anything. That asshole from town was there, he robbed the train and trapped us." John informed Dutch and Hosea on the balcony of Ashmore manor. It had been the next morning as John was absolutely tired from the chase and being trapped in a crater. Though he wished he had not been the one to inform Dutch why they don't have the train score.

"Woah, now that is something. Firstly I'm disappointed you didn't get the score, that was our one good take to end of this year! Secondly, how did you not know that person might've shown up." Dutch scolded the young man as he stood smoking his cigar.

"Dutch I didn't know he would be there. I thought he was some would be celebrity of the town, turns out he's an outlaw like the rest of us. He's all talk Dutch, he used his tongue to talk and be conning the local town, he's an outlaw just like us...only dressing like the devil." John retorted as he leant against the wall. Dutch then started to snicker a little bit as if he had been reminded.

"He reminds me a bit like you Hosea." Dutch chuckled, to Hosea's dismay.

"No Dutch, this kid he obviously has connections with the town, I reckon he's just a conman with sharp skills. If he did that, I'm guessing he might have done other things but under the protection of the town." Hosea sternly replied. He weren't too happy that his lead was ruined too. Dutch thought for a moment and an idea popped in his head. "I reckon, we should meet with him. See if we can negotiate our way out of this instead shooting him up."

"I'll go talk to him." John answered rather insistently. Dutch did raise an eyebrow as to why but never the less he agreed with his son like figure.

"John, take care you know how fast he is." Dutch stated though Hosea tried to reach but to no avail as he retracted his hand back.

"I'll have to be faster then." John quipped as he left the men at the balcony. He walked into the hallway as he thought how to take care of this problem. He initially wanted to find the Red Wolf and kill him. But as he remembered how similar he was to a boy he met in Chicago many years ago. He wasn't so sure, talking would be a start but it would still be awkward to go to the man who left him in a crater and left him on a wild chase.

"So?" Davey asked as he had eaves dropped from their conversation. The pair went down stairs as John told him what he was gonna do. The older man just scoffed as he couldn't believe that John of all people would rather talk it out instead of going in guns blazing.

"You sure you don't need an extra gun?" He asked, John just groaned as he looked onto Davey. Davey was like an older brother to John and as expected from brothers they bicker and especially when the older ones think they know best.  "Davey, I'm old enough to take care of myself." John retorted as he put his grey gambler hat on.

Davey just adjusted his yellow scarf as he put his hands in a surrender. "Alright, but if you die or get humiliated. I ain't gonna take pity." and he snickered, though he didn't mean it.

"Shut up man, just don't tell Arthur about this."

Davey chuckled as they were in the  he picked up a repeater rifle to attend his duties. John liked Davey like a good brother. Though they weren't as close as Arthur and he was but the 2 know to rely on each other more than some-one like Bill. Then again though being one of Dutch's favourites it means that Davey aspired to be doing his best whenever possible. But being the younger Callander boy who was known to be the most violent and vicious bastard so John finds himself having to stop Davey every now and then whenever he did something stupid. They were only 3 years apart from each other.

John went and he grabbed his repeater rifle as well as he threw it over his shoulder, ready to head out and find the Red Wolf Outlaw. He nodded at Susan, Pearson Marybeth and Tilly as he left the door.