Chapter 10: Dynamatic robbery

The North Dakota Royal Express only travels every couple months. For a good reason, the train is designated for cargo and passengers that have chosen to take the valley route into Canada. It starts near the city of Bismarck before heading up north passing over hundreds of miles of land before reaching its destination Winnipeg in Canada.

Onboard would be rich goods that would have been traded around from the States until brought to the train to be sent elsewhere. Passengers would travel on the train would mostly be American trying to find a new lease of land in Canada to peruse a dream home. Or they would be rich people on holiday or even Canadians themselves doing business. Either way it is a very important train that never stops once. It carries a lot of money onboard, usually around $8000 to $12000 on each journey.

It is well known to be a fast train as well and due to the route being treacherous, there are hardly any outlaws or other criminals trying to rob the train as they could possibly die trying to rob the train. So overall, anyone who would ever try to rob this train would have to be either insane or incredibly smart....

Like a certain someone.

~

The Red Wolf stood on a ridge cliff edge. Down below him was a narrow valley though it had the railway line connecting the night train he was planning to rob. He had been preparing this for a couple of hours but now he was just about ready. He had his ammunition, his guns freshly cleaned and his horse readying for a fast pace ride.

He had been thinking and planning this heist for a while so there was no turning back now.

This was the lengths he'd go to, just to get the O'Driscolls off his back. Pulling his binoculars out, he saw the wagon he had stolen that was filled to the brim with dynamite, sitting underneath a cliff. He knew that stopping a train was hard, but if he could force a train to stop. Then it was easy pickings, (Easy for him to rob anyway).

He only needed $4000 to pay off his debt, so he needed this score now than ever since November was almost over and December was drawing closer. Though he was feeling a bit confident he'd pull it off. He'd performed jobs like this before so he knew what he was doing for the most part.

Eying up the whole railway tracks that he could see, he saw where to stop his horse and where the location of the train would stop at, once it realises what was gonna happen if it didn't. Once done he walked back to his mount putting away his binoculars before pulling out his modified Springfield rifle. It had some Varmint rifle additions but it was a Springfield rifle none the less.

He stood upon Gold Tiger, his bandana pulled up covering his face. He was just bordering the Canadian border but he didn't have to worry about any Canadian lawmen trying to stop him. The time drew nearer as he took his Silver pocket watch from his paisley vest.

" 10:30, right on schedule."

Hearing the train storming along the ground, it was now or never.

He pulled out his Springfield rifle and pulled out a silver bullet from his bandolier and inserting it into the loader before cocking the weapon and aimed under a ridge where a small cave was. It seemed to be old, although if something was to happen it would cause catastrophic damage to the railway tracks below.

He fitted his scope onto the rifle taking a more precise shot. His target, a wagon of dynamite....

"Bullseye."

And fired at the dynamite.

A large grey and orange thunder exploded out with thousands of rocks blowing everywhere it could. The supporting rocks were gone so now the entire cliff-face fell straight into the valley causing a large avalanche fully blocking the tracks ahead.