Chapter 4: "Shankville"

Igor's POV / 8:12 AM / Londinium, Victoria

I was walking through the Londinium suburbs, the area looked cheap. There were a lot of infected here, probably exiling them. I needed to find a place where I could create more vaccines. I looked around to find an abandoned house, but nothing. I need to get to downtown Londinium. 

As I was going halfway there, a man blocked my path. This is a robbery.

???: Hello there, mate. May I know, what are you doing here?

Igor: I'm exploring the city.

???: Do you have spare change? I need some money right now.

He said in a threatening tone, he had a knife in his hand. I heard footsteps behind me, and now I was surrounded.

Igor: I'm not looking for trouble.

???: We don't either, so you better give us some money.

He slowly started walking towards me. I pointed my Makarov at him, he stopped immediately.

???: Are you a sankta or something-?

Igor: Slow down there, buckaroo. You either fuck off, or you will meet your creator.

???: Neither...

Igor: What-?

I was tackled to the ground by one of them from the side, I pushed him off, and now the Makarov was in their leader's hands. 

???: How about now? Final warning.

Igor: Do it. I dare you.

???: Fine.

He pulled the trigger, but clicking was heard.

???: What the?

Igor: The safety is on, dipshit.

I then went to disarm him, breaking his arm in the process. He screamed in pain.

???: What are you waiting for?! Attack him!

Igor: Now slow down there. I have a firearm in my hand. With more than enough bullets to kill you all. Now get lost.

???: Fine! Let's go...

The group walked off, I holstered my pistol and continued to explore the city. Roki wasn't lying, there were people with animal ears/tails and so on. Weird.

40 minutes later...

I was sitting outside a cafe, drinking coffee and reading the news.

Igor: Chernobog is abandoned due to catastrophes and weird creatures attacking anybody? You can take a stalker from the zone, but you can never take the zone from a stalker.

I open my journal to write another summary of a city.

"Chernobog - Basically Chernobyl
Lungmen - A Chinese-type/architecture city
Londinium - Same as London"

Igor: And to think that there are more cities to shit about.

I placed my journal in my backpack and continued to drink my coffee. After drinking it I left a tip for the waiter and was on my way to exit the city. Before leaving the center of the city a young beggar caught my eye, and when I say young, I mean a kid. Nobody even dared to look at the child. I went to see why was he begging strangers for money.

Igor: Hello young lad.

The kid: H-hello... spare change?

Igor: Leave that. Why do you need the money?