Chapter 25: "Local man ascends to Godhood"

[ Igor's POV / ??? / ??? ]

I don't know how long it has been since I infiltrated the truck, but it's hot as hell in here. When are they getting there? What and why are they transporting? Bloody hell. Well, I think I should go to sleep.

I lay on the crates with my bag as a pillow and close my eyes, I hope it will be soon that this ends.

The truck has come to a stop and two soldiers in the front started talking.

GlobeX Scout: You think we might have taken a wrong turn?

GlobeX Commando: Might? We're anywhere but Kazimierz. Check the map.

Well, I'm fucked, I don't know where I am. Fortunately, they realized that they were somewhere else.

G. Scout: We are in Victoria.

G. Commando: Where precisely in Victoria?

G. Scout: County Hillock. The city is controlled by Dublinn, with two n. 

G. Commando: Friendlies?

G. Scout: Shoot on sight.

DoooOOooOhh NooOOOoooOO.
(If you get this you earned my utmost respect.)

G. Scout: What should we do now?

I crawl behind them with a knife in my hand and stab the scout in the neck and then put the knife to the commando's throat.

Igor: Move an inch and you're pronouns are going to be was/were. Now, what and why are you smuggling in here?

G. Commando: Weapons and originium for the teleporter and to use these weapons in combat along with the arts.

Igor: You truly are the lowest scums in history.

Instead of slitting his throat, I stab him through the gas mask lenses. Killing him. Bloody hell. I need to take care of the other truck behind this one, so I shoot them through the window. I plant explosives on the truck fuel tank and then legged it. Returning to the truck to leave the explosives where they were I accidentally opened another crate with a black halo in it.  It looks like an average Tuesday now. I look around to see if there is anything leading a clue to this. A label with 'The Halo' written on it.

It also seemed broken into three pieces. I pick it up and try to get a closer look at it.

???: Put it on.

Igor: Which Igor is talking to me?

Smart-ass Igor: The smart one.

Igor: You're my intellect? Sweet. Why should I put this?

Smart-ass Igor: I've tried to look through everything it says about this halo, it will give you more abilities, and make you like you're in the Exo. More strength, stamina, agility, and so on.

Igor: ...later.

I place it in my bag before entering the truck. I need to breeze through this.

I put the pedal to the metal and enter the city, there was a camp blocking my way. It was a bit jumpy inside the truck, let's just say that. If you need to solve a problem, use violence, and if the problem wasn't solved, that just means you haven't used enough violence.

[New ability: Armour | Use originium to create any kind of armor, either it being from the medieval ages or modern times. It will guarantee great protection...from melee attacks]

Neat. I thought to myself and continuing to ride, I pull out a flask with *sniff* vodka in it. Nice, I take a swig of it, and boy oh boy. I'm seeing three fucking steering wheels in front of me, I don't know which one to choose.

[Timeskip...]

I crashed the truck and lit it on fire with a mollie.

Igor: I guess I can teleport to Kazimierz. But where is the fun in that? Eh, it doesn't matter.

I put on red aviator glasses and before teleporting to Kazimierz the smart-ass Igor was heard in my head.

Smart-ass Igor: Wait. Put on the halo, it can reduce the amount of originium used for certain things.

Igor: Should I trust you?

Smart-ass Igor: You never studied and yet you got great grades cause of me.

Igor: Good point.

I look at the halo hesitantly, it gives me weird vibes from it. I put it on my head and oh. I feel like I've ascended into heaven. I feel more power within me, more energy...holy shit. It even had small red lightning bolts surrounding the halo and making a cross in the middle.

Igor: Let's see if this motherfucker is lying or not.

I start using my teleportation...oh dear Lord.

[To be continued...]