Chapter 27: "The Major"

[No ones' POV / 9:35 AM / Kazimierz, Kawalerielki Major arena]

Igor was preparing for the tournament while watching the current duel happening, and praying to God he doesn't get his arse kicked in the first match. 

Igor: У імя айца і сына і святога духа. Амін.

Seeing that the fight was coming to an end he slowly put on his clothes and armor. Looking at the halo on the table across the room.

Igor: ...You'll do.

He put it above his head and it started levitating. Looking at the next duel smirking.

Igor: I gave myself a brilliant name.

Glorbo Florbo vs the Brassrust Knight-

[Take 2]

Biely Golub vs the Brassrust Knight. The first one to enter the arena was the knight. A well-known one.

Igor: A hefty lad, with tons of armor, and an axe. Probably low mobility and agility, a mace will do.

Putting on his helmet he went to the arena.

[Meanwhile]

The crowd was cheering and waiting for the other knight, betting on who will win. Roki was there too. Soon Igor entered the arena in his gear and a will to win.

Igor: I got a Nagant and a dream.

A/N: I was looking smth on Pinterest, and found a really unique kind of armor(i was looking for a trench raider type)

A/N: I was looking smth on Pinterest, and found a really unique kind of armor(i was looking for a trench raider type). So I drew my version of it, everything else goes to their owners. 

The commentators were introducing the new fighter to the crowd.

Commentator: And here we have a rather new fighter, Biely Golub, young, optimistic, and a risk-taker. We'll see how he goes against the butcher of the field. Knights get ready!

Igor grabbed his mace and his opponent his axe, waiting for the signal to start. 

The horns were sounded and they slowly marched towards each other. When they were close enough the Brassrust Knight was the first one to attack, although his weapons are strong, they are heavy so Igor rolled his right and hit him in the back. The knight swung his axe at Igor, but he ducked down and backed away.

The knight charged at Igor to grab him, but Igor crouched down grabbed him by the legs, and threw him over the shoulder, the knight rolled instead of kissing the dirt and faced away from Igor. He took that as an advantage and went for a drop kick which only pushed him a little. So he kicked him behind the knee and hit him to the side with his mace.

The knight fell to his side and knocked Igor off his feet, picking up his axe he tried to crash it into Igor's chest but he rolled away, losing his mace. He had no choice but to fight with fists, no sword can damage that armor.

Every time the knight attacked, Igor would either parry or counter it. He knew the knight was getting tired from the fighting, so Igor decided to win the fight in his own way.

He grabbed a fistful of sand and threw it in the knight's eyes stunning him. And putting his leg behind the knight's and dropping him down.

The knight started to slowly get up but he couldn't stand on his legs anymore, and fell on his back, knocked out.

Commentator: And ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! Biely Golub!

Igor went to pick up his mace before going back to his room.

[Meanwhile]

Roki: C'mon. Don't chicken out now, you made a bet so pay it up.

Roki was collecting the money from the displeased bettors.

Roki: Big biznis, just like in the Balkans.

[Igor's POV]

Let's see who shall I be fighting for the next 3 weeks. Some randos for sure. And what's this?

Igor: 2v2? Maria Nearl, Biely Golub vs Viviana Droste the Candle Knight, "Plastic" Szewczyk. What the fuck is this? Fireblade melee? Is that free-for-all? Man fuck it, I got the next match to worry about.

He threw the paper containing the matches and competitors to the other side of his room and went to clean his weapons and outfit.

*knock, knock*

Igor: Come in!

The door opened to reveal Roki who threw money at me.

Igor: Ow. Where'd you get this?

Roki: Betting. You get the most of it, which is 1300. I get the rest and good luck on the next match.

Igor: Okay.

Roki: And go watch the match live you need to know your opponents!

I should listen to his advice. Putting my trench coat to washing and the armor getting cleaned by hand.

[Timeskip]

Igor: Christ.

Watching the Nearls fighting has left me flabbergasted. 

Leaning on the railing of the first row watching them fight end I throw my cigarette down there. Blemishine knows how to fight, but that happiness could get her down. 

While she was leaving the arena, she noticed me and waved in my direction. I waved back with a smile. Well, I should get something to drink while watching these fights.

[Meanwhile]

Talulah: Is there any traces leading toward the saboteur? 

GlobeX scout: We speculate it was the Duty leader.

Talulah: What? He died in Chernobog.

GlobeX scout: The image says otherwise.

He showed an image of Igor entering the sewerage. Where the smuggling was happening. 

Talulah: Do we know where he is?

GlobeX scout: I'm afraid not.

Talulah: *sigh* Fine, you don't really have to find him, just keep an eye out for him.

GlobeX scout: Roger that.

[To be continued...]

----------------------------------------------

Well hello there, been a while hasn't it? Happy armistice/victory day first of all. Now, to put it frankly, this book is dead. This book is in no way discontinued, it just needs more popularity and readers. To all the ones who've stuck from the beginning to this 4.3k reads, I thank you(this is my first book to reach 1k reads, an achievement, a small one, but an achievement). School is a bitch, so during the winter break, which starts around the 24th Dec, I will be making more chapters. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you in the next one.