Chapter 8: "On the run"

Igor's POV / 9:00 AM / Country Hillock

I groggily woke up.

Igor: What a night that was.

After waking up, I went outside and try to find a way out of here. It was quite peaceful, no gunshots, no explosions, only quietness. But more of them will come here sooner or later. Not even two streets later, a group of them was there. They looked at me before running towards me.

Igor: Nope, it's too early for this stuff.

There was a manhole nearby, so I went in there. And damn it, it was the sewers. The gas mask is a lifesaver. Let's see if there is an alternative exit.

Meanwhile...

Siege: So he is in there right now?

Stanley: We are not sure, but there is a good chance that he didn't leave.

Siege: And he ordered you to come here for those news?

Stanley: Yes. 

Siege: What does he look like? So we don't accidentally kill him.

Stanley: Well, he is around 180cm tall, has military equipment, armed to the teeth, a gas mask, a red beret, white and black camouflage, and what he calls 'an Exo suit'.

Siege: ...thank you for this information. We shall be going now.

Stanley: No problem, and good luck.

Siege went to the R.I. operators to give them this information.

Siege: He says that Dublinn has taken over the city...

Doctor: Well, we should go and try to help the-

Siege: I wasn't finished. They found him.

Doctor: Who?

Siege: The one who cured everyone in the hospital a couple of days ago.

Back with Igor...

Igor: I'm never going back there.

I said after what I saw was in the tunnels below. And that was definitely not Splinter. Right now I was getting out of another manhole, only to find myself 20 meters away from another group of insurgents.

Igor: Hi.

They started approaching me with malicious intent. Well, violence wasn't the answer, it was a question, and the answer is yes.

Later...

Igor: Will you stop already?!

I choked another one of them to death. Another one wanted to try his luck, but a woman stopped him.

Igor: Who...

Loughshinny: Loughshinny, a commander of Dublin-

Igor: ...cares.

Loughshinny: ...

Igor: ...

Loughshinny: So you are an asshole.

Igor: Problem?

She tried to stab me with her spear, javelin? I don't know. But I dodged it.

Igor: You got to be faster than that.

Loughshinny: I got to say, for someone like you, you are good at this. You even managed to wound Mandragora.

Igor: That bitch alive?

Loughshinny: Yes.

Igor: Guess I gotta double tap more often. Well, come on! Try me Bitch!

We went back to fighting, I tried t land a blow on her, but she was just parrying my attacks.

Igor: That's it! I'm gettin' me mallet!

I got myself a battle mallet and went to the offensive. She was still parrying, but harder. I've had enough already.

Igor: Parry this you filthy casual!

I shot her in the leg and chest with my Makarov, and she let go of her weapon and knelt down. She checked her wounds and looked at me.

Loughshinny: How can you do this?! Have you no honor!? Gah!

She tried to get up but her leg said no.

Igor: I can do this quite easily, and for honor? Certain fair people receive it. Not terrorists.

Loughshinny: Terrorists?!

Igor: You heard me. What you're doing is essentially terrorism.

Loughshinny: We are everything but that-

Igor: Shut it! You are killing everybody that opposes you! You're a danger to society! A war criminal! And listen here you little shit...

I grab her by the neck tightly, she tried to break free, but it was futile.

Igor: I could kill you right here, right now...but I won't. I'm no monster.

She was still trying to escape my grasp, even trying to stab me with a knife to the neck, I grabbed her arm and squeezed it as hard as I could until she let go.

Igor: I'll let you off the hook if you find a better life than this. But if I see you again, I guess you know what happens.

I let her go and she gasped for air. 

Igor: It is up to you to decide. I recommend you leave this business alone. And try to find a better one. But once again, it is up to you.

She looked at me with a fearful expression, and then, a commotion was heard behind the group of insurgents.

Igor: I don't like this.

I started to slowly back away, and the girl from Londinium was here, with some backup.

Igor: Fuck.

Siege: There he is!

Igor: Double fuck.

I started running as fast as humanly possible. Wait, what about my good old technique. But fuck, I can't jump to the roofs, they are too high. 

! [NEW] Grappling hook: You can use your grappling hook that is located on your Exo right forearm.

Perfect. I tried using it and shot it at a building roof ledge. When the hook landed there, I was pulled there. It was quite the ride.

Siege: Dammit!

I catch my breath there on the roof.

Igor: I need to find something on wheels- Wait I can teleport!

I tried using teleportation again and the ride was always freaky. Right now I was behind the group from the city and Markus.

Igor: I said reinforcements, not bounty hunters.

Stanley: GAH! When did you come here?!

Igor: A magician never reveals his tricks. But neither am I a magician nor was that a trick. Mark.

Mark: Yeah?

Igor: You stay here. Until I find a place where I can house all of my men you won't accompany me.

Mark: What?

Igor: You heard me. You said you wanted to be a member of my group. You will be, just not now.

Mark: Where will you go?

Igor: Wherever the wind goes. We'll meet again comrade.

I left them and started heading south, where it was warmer. Who knows, maybe I could get a break from all of this and find a sea shore.

To be continued...