Chapter 17: "Drill SGT senses"(filler)

[Igor's POV / 5:00 AM / Chernobog] 

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEE-

I turn off the alarm while slowly waking up. Guess I'm working together with them.

Checking my equipment for the trip, everything was in order. I went to prepare some coffee to get me wide awake. I look outside the window while drinking my coffee.

When will this end? When can a soul really rest?...is the S or the C silent in scent?

I thought to myself before returning to my senses and getting the equipment on me, and exiting outside to do some exercises. And not to do it with the help of my Exo, I left that in the basement of my office.

[Timeskip / 7:10 AM]

Igor: Oh good. You're awake.

Ceobe: Yeah, and I wonder why.

She said with sarcasm. I may have done some shooting practice.

Igor: Not my problem you went to sleep late at night. A healthy amount of sleep would be around 6 to 8 hours. 

I say to her which seems to quiet her down. Weird for someone that energetic.

Igor: Do you know what is going on today?

Nobody answered.

Igor: We are searching for the Common Consciousness or C-Con as you heard me refer it.

Someone raised their hand.

Igor: Name and question.

Dobermann: Dobermann, my question is what is t his common consciousness?

Igor: It was an experiment of multiple people to think and be one person. It is responsible for this chaos right now. Me and Strelok, a friend of mine, thought we destroyed it. We were wrong.

Dobermann: But what does this have to do with anything in here?

Igor: C-Con is responsible for everything that happened in the Zone. Mutants, anomalies, blowouts, and so on. We need to find it and destroy it. You will be coming with me, along with some of my men.

I started walking around while speaking to them.

Igor: And if you would want to survive man-made horrors beyond your comprehension also known as the Zone, you will have to listen to me. And do what I tell you.

???: And who are you to boss us around?

I hear someone say in between the operators, that was a female's voice. I give the answer to the lady.

Igor: Well, if you don't have an experienced person to guide you through a literal death zone. You're doomed.

???: I bet I can kill anything standing in my way! I don't need any guide with me.

I still try my best to be calm and collected.

Igor: What you say out there were a mere fraction of the horrors.

???: Can we go already? I'm bored.

That's it. My Drill Seargent senses were tingling. I slowly turn to the general area where I heard it.

Igor: Who said that? 

Silence...

Igor: Who the fuck said that?! Who's the slimy little reunion shit, twinkle-toed cocksucker who signed his own death warrant?! 

Nobody dared to respond.

Igor: The fairy fucking godmothers said it! Out-fucking-standing! I'll train you for the zone until you all fucking die! I'll train you until your assholes are drinking buttermilk!