Chapter 15: "Exploration"

[Igor's POV /19:23 31.7.1097/ Chernobog]

The groups that left earlier today have returned already. Some were already in my office.

Igor: Did you find anything?

Private: Nothing out of the ordinary in the north. Only mutants and bandits.

I look at the next soldier waiting for an answer.

Corporal: Some new people, these weren't bandits, Reunion, nor was it visitors. These people were armed.

This piqued my interest.

Igor: What did they look like? 

Corporal: They wore grey camo, and gas masks and one had an Exo-suit.

Igor: I knew this will come. That's the Monolith, a cult. Praising some alien deity. West?

Corporal: Affirmative.

He said, I sigh in frustration. Now I got to deal with die-hard cultists. I look at the next one.

Igor: What do you say Seargent?

Seargent: Something similar to the corporal's story. But these are different. Those people wore green camo, and also are armed.

Igor: Anarchists...and what do you say, rookie?

Recruit: My group found something big. Here is a picture.

The recruit handed me a picture of what seemed like an...aircraft carrier on land? I ask if someone knows what this is, or who it belongs to. Nobody answered. Spreading this information, somebody came to my office: a fresh new recruit. I look at him.

Igor: You know what this is?

Recruit: I know who it belongs to.

Igor: Well then, don't keep me waiting.

Recruit: What the group found is a landship, a Rhodes Island landship.

Igor: Landship? Rhodes Island?

Recruit: They are kind of like a PMC, except they are not. R.I. is a science facility that tries to find the cure for oripathy and they use operators as guards. To take down any threat to them. And they-Sir? Sir, you spaced out.

Igor: Huh?

Recruit: Something wrong sir? You seemed to be thinking about something.

Igor: Oh nothing, I was just trying to think about what to do when I see those operators. You are free to go.

Recruit: Alright. Goodbye, sir.

He saluted and left me to think if I should reeeeaaally go out and explore.

Igor: ...a little bit of adventure won't hurt anybody.

I wait until it is time for sleep so I can go out of the base.

[Timeskip / 21:00]

I left a note on my office table and start making my way through the base. Thankfully I had the more advanced Exo than the rest of the soldiers. And you already know it, cloaking time. I turn on my cloak ability and get over the wall that is on the south entrance. There were guards on the wall on their...guard, they do take this job seriously, neat.

I go further away trying to find a comfy place to sleep, after searching through literally everything, I found a broken down car, well at least it has backseats to sleep on. I lay there on my side and slowly drift to sleep.

[Timeskip / Narrator's POV / 9:26 AM 1.8.1097 / With Rhodes Islanders(South Chernobog)]

Kal'tsit: Tread carefully now, we don't know what waits for us.