Chapter 44

*click* *boom*

The explosions engulfed most of the convoy, the front and the back that is.
With nowhere to go with the vehicles, the enemies hurried on foot to get to Laterano.

When they were in spitting distance, the GlobeX soldiers were met with bullets. So they retreated for cover, which was a knocked-out truck, not knowing that they were surrounded.

Igor: Grenade!

He threw a grenade over the truck eliminating anything behind it. After his grenade exploded, there was silence. So to be 100% sure the coast was clear he put on his gas mask and threw a threat grenade. 

The threat grenade detected more enemies confirming his suspicions. He went over the tree trunk and took the smoke from the burning truck as cover to advance forward.

There R.I. operators fought with hand-to-hand combat with the GlobeX soldiers. He took this as an advantage to capture the soldiers. Taking off his gas mask and pointed his Winchester 1895 at them while shouting.

Igor: Lay down your arms and surrender!

One of the soldiers pointed his weapon at him, Igor was quick to react and shot the barrel of his gun.

Igor: Choose your next move carefully. Drop your weapons and you'll be unscathed!

Well, they were outnumbered and they sure as shit knew it. Doing the logical thing, they followed his command. 

Igor: Hands where I can see them, and get on your knees.

Well, they did as they were told.

Igor: Someone do us all a favor and handcuff them. 

He slung his rifle on his back and lit a cigarette while the others escorted the enemy prisoners onto the helicopter. Igor went to his horse to ride back to the land ship, but before that, he wanted a request from Kal'tsit.

Igor: Before you go. I would like to meet two people when we get back to the land ship.

Kal'tsit: And who are the two people?

Igor: Yele-...FrostNova and Talulah...

Kal'tsit: No, you will-

She was blunt with him, but he didn't give a damn and went his own way.

Igor: Aye thanks for granting my request.

Kal'tsit: What? I didn't-

Igor: I couldn't be much more grateful. If there is any way I could repay, I would. ButIhavetogonow bye~!

So he rode over the horizon nowhere to be seen, leaving a pissed of Kal'tsit. Boy is she about to have some memorable moments with him.

Kal'tsit: Get back here! That little-

While Igor was riding to the land ship, knowing his luck, it was cloudy outside.

Igor: That's not a good sign.

[Timeskip]

So basically, he was in a forest with a campfire in front of him under rain protection. 

*thunder rumbling*

Igor: That rainstorm ain't going anywhere. I guess I could sleep the storm away.

And as he laid his head on the ground, Igor was already knocked-out cold.

[Dream world]

A white void yet again. I need to stop getting here. Why am I even here again?