Chapter 20: "The search ends"

[Igor's POV / 15:05 / Chernobog]

Igor: We need to find the office of the Lieutenant, there are small halls so you got a green light to take anybody down, just do it quietly. Let's go.

We entered through the backdoor and split up. We are almost there, to save Chernobog. I continue to walk down the hall trying to find the office, but nothing.

Igor(R): Did you find anything useful? I got nothing.

Vadim(R): I think I found it. On the door is a sign reading 'Lieutenant's Office.'.

Igor(R): Where you at?

Vadim(R): Behind you.

Igor: Huh?

I turn around to see him and his group waiting for me. Someone was already picking the lock, I just wanted to kick it open again. And with cracking, the door was open. I push the table in the middle of the room to the corner and pull off the carpet to reveal a trap door. I unlock the lock with the key the officer gave me.

Igor: Alright, it's best some of you go down with me, and some guard the room. And turn on your Geiger counters.

After we split into two groups, I went down the tunnel leading towards C-Con first. I turn on the Geiger counter and it started making clicking sounds, but it did so calmly.

Igor: We have to be quick, if we stay for too long we will get irradiated.

I warn the others and go forward, one wrong move and you can kiss your life goodbye. So we were careful to not die or expose ourselves to too much radiation. It has come to my realization that there were almost no guards here in the tunnels. But it makes my job easier so I won't mind it.

Vadim: Mutant! Chimera!

Vadim yelled at us, we are screwed. It jumped on one of the operators, while the others shot at it.

Igor: Cease fire! I got this!

I screamed at them. I took my knife and jumped on the back of the chimera, holding the knife to its throat.

Igor: I've had enough of you hunting my dreams!

And so I started to stab and slash its neck and throat. It jumped back and knocked me off of it and changed its course for me.

Igor: Come on, I'm more frightened of my mother than you.

I grab a brick lying around and hide it behind me. Without wasting time it charged at me, I moved out of the way and it hit the side of a wall, it was still breathing. Not for long, I get down and start bashing its head with the brick.

Igor: You think you can just jump out of nowhere, eh?!*bash* Thinking you can just kill me?! *bash* I don't think so! *bash* *bash*

I continued to hit it until it was nothing but meat soup, exhaling and trying to regain my strength.

Igor: Sorry for that mental breakdown. Let's continue.

And continue we did. I was correct, there were no guards here, only some mutants on occasions. 

[Timeskip]

Igor: It's behind this door.

I open the door that leads to C-Con. And there it was in all its glory. A metal machine with 8 capsules which contained people and some green liquid.

Igor: Place explosives around, I want this thing to go sky high and come back into the deepest layer of hell.

I ordered at the two demolitions and they went to business. I on the other hand readied my AKS to destroy the capsules. But was stopped by someone.

Amiya: Igor, I don't think we should-

Igor: We? You just wanted to help me, I came here to seek vengeance and to destroy the filth of the zone. It's almost over, we can work together after this is destroyed, just as promised. I suggest you leave, this is not for the faint-hearted.

She questioned nor said no further and left us to do our work. I check the AKS to see if I still had ammo in it and unload the magazines into the capsules, they all broke and all of the liquid got splashed to the ground. It was even better when the demolitions finished placing bombs around.

Igor: Alright. Let's get going now-GAH!

I was shot in the right shoulder and back of the right knee by a Zombified Freedom stalker with an AK. I shot back at it in the head.

Igor: Son of a bitch!

Vadim: You okay sir?

Igor: I am, now let's go-

Growling was heard behind us, we looked back to see a Pseudogiant.

Igor: Go. And give me the remote for detonation.

Vadim: Sir-!

Igor: I said; GO! NOW!

He handed me the remote and booked it, along with his comrade. I close the doors, place the detonator in my pocket, and face the mutant. I guess this is my last battle.

Igor: If you manage to get the upper hand and I'm on my last legs, kill me quickly, that is if you can understand me.

It roared at me and started to charge at me, I inject some morphine to numb my pain and move out of its way.

Igor: Fuck me...

I reach for my SKS and start shooting at it, but that's a bullet sponge I'm fighting right now, so it did little to no damage to it. It charged at me, I was trying to get out of its way, but it pinned me to the wall and started stabbing me with its small arms to the legs, and I managed to kick it off of me. Grabbing my rifle I put the bayonet on it, and suddenly got an idea.

Igor: Come to papa!

It roared and charged at me, but I stand my ground with a raised rifle, as it was coming closer and closer I thought this was a bad idea, and it was mere 2 meters from me. I dashed forward and try to stab it through the eye, it screeched in pain and soon died. I pull out the bayonet and fall to my knees. 

Igor: I guess this is it then. I can't feel my legs.

I heard some noises above me. I look there and a Pytogeist is there, along with other creatures.

Igor: Fuck you!

I pull the detonator and hope this ends quickly.

To be continued...