Chapter 34: "Hell let loose"

[No one's POV / 8:20 AM / Chernobog]

Shots were fired in the city which woke up Igor in the car, he hastily picked up his rifle and ran to the place where the shots were heard.

Igor: Can't have shit in Chernobog.

He ran until the shots rang louder, he was walking against a wall until there it was; the firefight. R.I. against Reunion. He looked around for any high ground. The building across the street was 3 stories tall, so he made a dash to the door. It was locked, so he kicked it open and ran to the 2nd floor, and aimed the rifle at the fight.

Igor: Roki I need you right now.

Roki: What is it?

Roki entered the room and was right next to Igor peeking over the window.

Igor: Listen, if you can hijack their radios I'd be really glad if you do that, and I need a spotter. I know a little bit of sniping when I was working with Shadow.

Roki: Right. Done, and do you have binoculars?

Igor: Here.

Igor handed him the binoculars and Roki started looking around.

Radio: *static*-shot through the mouth! *static*

A bullet from an enemy sniper went for Nearl, which she blocked.

Igor: Shit. We've got competition. Find me that sniper.

Roki: I'm looking.

Another shot was fired as the two of them were trying to find the sniper.

Roki: The building right across from this one, 150 meters, 4th floor, 3rd window from the right. I saw a glint.

Igor: I'll keep my eye there, if he is not there keep looking.

He aims at the said location with his iron sights and focuses on it. Another bullet was heard and it came out of the said window. 

Igor: I got a positive position, keep an eye for my shots.

Roki: The wind is blowing towards the west at around 10 km/h.

Igor adjusts his sights and fires a shot.

Roki: It didn't hit a wall, you might have wounded him.

Radio: (1) Mephisto, I've got company. Some sniper shot me, I'm not sure of his location. Be careful. (2) What? Get rid of him quickly! (1) I'll try...

Igor: Shit! Get down!

Both of them duck down.

Roki: What's wrong?

Igor: We need to relocate. He might know where we are.

Roki: Where do we relocate? He has a clear shot of us if we get outside.

Igor: Oh fuck...wait, I have an idea. 

[10 minutes later]

Igor: Done! Here you go.

Roki: A periscope?

Igor: With binocular lenses.

Roki: Ah, I see.

Igor: Use it without losing your head and I use my cloak to be undetected and neutralize the sniper.

Roki: Got it.

Roki placed the periscope over the window and started searching for the sniper while Igor was cloaked and aimed outside.

Radio: (2) Did you get him, Faust? (1) Not yet, I guess he thought he killed me. (2) So is it safe now? (1) I guess so, but keep your head low, I'm coming to your location.