Chapter 38

[No one's POV / 22:23 / Kjerag]

A beautiful night was upon Kjerag and its mountains, sadly a blizzard was coming to cover it. Igor knew that he won't get to the city, he lost a lot of blood and was getting colder. And yet he continued.

He was so near it, yet so distant. Until his body gave in, he exhaled and dropped off his horse. The horse went to check on him, and Igor gave him a small pat on the nose.

Igor: You go, boy, you're free...Free to go anywhere.

His horse grunted and galloped to the city, leaving Igor to stare at the sky.

Igor: Please God, stop this madness... I'm tired of it.

He shut his eyes. Meanwhile, the horse was going as fast as possible to try and get someone to help Igor. So he started to make noises to wake people up, and a few men woke up with knives and bows to find out what is making that noise. When they spotted the horse it started to run to Igor's location.

The men pursued soon after with dog sleds, even though it was night and snowing they could still see the horse running. They followed it until it stopped, they got off their sleds and slowly approached the horse when they saw Igor's bloodstained body they went to overlook him.

???: Is he alive?

A young man asked another older one.

???2: He has a low pulse, help me get him on my sled. And that is probably his horse.

???3: What do we do about it?

???2: Nothing, it will probably follow us. Now come on, hurry!

They put Igor on the older man's sled and they go back to the city, the steed following behind them. The elderly man drags Igor to the local nurse to manage Igor's injuries. He knocked on her door.

???: Is anybody here?

With no answers, he knocked again.

???: It's urgent!

The door opens and reveals a tired woman with a pissed-off look.

???: What is it, Jakob? It's dead at night.

Jakob: I've found this lad out in the snow bleeding. He's got a low pulse you need to help him, Mathilde. 

He reasoned with her, Mathilde looked over at his sled and there was Igor on it.

Mathilde: You owe me for this, now quickly. Bring him in.

Jakob picked up Igor and carried him to Mathilde's house and placed him on a bed.

Mathilde: Get his clothes off, I need to see his injuries.

Jakob did as he was told and took off Igor's clothes, at least the upper part. Mathilde prepared everything for the job. 

Mathilde: I guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

[3 hours later...]

Mathilde: He's got a normal pulse, we've stopped the bleeding. He is only in a coma. Now Jakob.

Jakob: Yes?

Mathilde: For this, you owe me all the stuff I used on him. And I want it doubled.

Jakob: Yes... goodbye.

Mathilde: Bye.

The two of them went to sleep, leaving Igor next to a fireplace.

[In Igor's sleep]

Smart Igor: You seem in a bad shape, Igor.

Igor: You don't say.

They sat along 7 other Igors around a fire.