Chapter 19: "The search continues"

[Igor's POV / 11:23 AM / Chernobog]

Crackshot: Ya geroy...(I'm a hero...)

Igor: Skazhite mne kakogo romana...(Tell me of which novel...)

We ended our music session and take a look outside.

Igor: The rain has stopped. Have your guitar back.

I handed the guitar back to the sniper and then put out the fire. We told the others to prepare to leave.

Igor: Masks on, I don't want anybody here to have lung cancer.

And so we exited the building, clear sky above us, now only to watch out for blowouts. So we went further in, as we are getting closer there seem to be fewer stalkers around, only zombies. We were getting closer to the Monolith base and the Brain Scorcher. While going through a block, a zombie jumped Amiya. Who screamed in return. I quickly went to deal with the problem by killing the zombie with a knife through the throat. It went down with a few final words.

Zom. Stalker: Zone is a...bitch...

Igor: Almost feel bad for killing him, get up now. You're alright.

I pull her up on her feet and continue our trail.

[Timeskip]

We were hiding far away from the Monolith base and checkpoint. Discussing plans of attack.

Igor: Do we go quietly or spray and pray?

Vadim: We don't want any casualties right now sir. Best we do it quietly.

Igor: Alright, hope you brought some bolt cutters. We sure as hell ain't going through the checkpoint. If you raise the alarm around, we're fucked. 

The sniper of the group returned from the scouting of the base.

Crackshot: Sir, there are around 40 to 50 soldiers around the base, I don't know how many are in the barracks.

Igor: Thanks for the information. If you can interrogate a guard, do it, try to ask where C-Con is, if they don't answer, just silence them. You four pick 3 operators to lead, four groups of four.

Kal'tsit: And what about you?

Igor: I do my best alone. Now get going.

I went out first while they were picking who shall they be with, looking across the metal fences I see a box next to it, I can use it to climb over the fence. And so I did, I went to the box and made sure nobody was around and jump over the fence. Readying my SKS with a suppressor I go searching through the place. I see some guards going inside a building, I quickly went behind a corner so they won't see me. There is one guarding the entrance, so I went to him and subdue him while dragging him to the corner.

Igor: Listen here, you answer my questions, without any problem. How many are you here? And where do you keep C-Con?

Monolith soldier: I won't tell you a thing.

Igor: Really?

I pull out my knife and place it on his junk.

Igor: Choose your words carefully, I've castrated many animals on my farm, but I've never done it on a human.

M. Soldier: Okay! Okay. There are 137 of us in the base, I don't know where C-Con is. Only the higher-ups do know. Please, let me go.

Igor: Thank you for your cooperation. But I am scared you might tell someone about our little encounter, so sweet dreams.

M. soldier: But I'm diabetic-

I hit him in the head with the handle of my knife, now to find some higher-ups. Guess I will crawl throughout the base.

[Timeskip]

I am currently hiding in the medical bay of the base, two soldiers are going through. I eavesdrop on their conversation.

M. Soldier: So you see that we don't need it, sir. We can have something else instead of it.

M. Soldier 2: No, even though we get little to no casualties against other factions, we still get wounded or injured. I will not risk it.

M. Soldier: It was just a suggestion, sir.

M. Soldier 2: A bad one at that, now go away. I need to find something.

I heard the footsteps of a soldier leaving, so I get out of my hiding spot, which was under a hospital bed, and sneak up on him. I hit him in the head with the butt of my gun, knocking him out. Now I went to place and tie him up to a bed, I also locked the doors and put the blinds on the windows. Putting a gag on his face I wake him up.

Igor: Hello? You there? I need you awake for this.

M. Officer: Hmph?

He slowly woke up and tried to move, that's when he realized in how deep of a shit he was in.

Igor: Prepare for your examination. Heheheh... Now listen here. I need you to answer some of my questions, and I let you go. 

He nodded.

Igor: Good, if I don't like the answer, you get punished. 

He started to sweat.

Igor: When I pull out the gag, you will not scream for help, or I will kill you. Now, where do you hide C-Con?

I pull out the gag from his mouth.

M. Officer: What? I'll never tell you that!

I put the gag back on.

Igor: Wrong. Now, what hand do you use the most?

He lifted his right one.

Igor: Perfect. Say goodbye to your index finger. 

I get ahold of it and place the knife ready to cut it. He started to panic and wiggle his way out.

Igor: Tell me and you get to be in one piece.

M. Officer: We have a tunnel leading to C-Con under the desk in my office! 

Igor: Alright. Does the door need a password or a keycard? Or something similar?

M. Officer: Only a key, it's in my right chest pouch. Take it.

Checking his pouch I find a silver key.

Igor: Thank you for this information, and the key too. But I am afraid you've seen too much.

M. Officer: What are you-?!

I hit him in the side of the head sending him back to sleep. Now to get him somewhere where they won't check. I look behind me to see a locker, opening it to see nothing there, it was just the right size to fit a body.

[Timeskip]

Igor(R): Listen up men, we are going to rendezvous at the back of the largest building on the north of the base. I've found where they hide it.

Crackshot(R): Roger that. We are coming right now. Over.

I exit through a window and get going to the rendezvous point.

To be continued...