Chapter 31: "Astray"

[No one's POV / 12:25 PM / Ursus steppes]

Nothing but snow and the blue sky could be seen over the horizon. The breezing winds were heard blowing down the lands. 

A trail is seen and a person is making it, he is heading to a village in a forest. That someone was Igor. 

Igor: Oh mother if I could see you again. 

He was tired and out of breath. Walking from Kazimierz to the middle of nowhere in Ursus is something different.

Igor: Now I know what my great-grandfather went through in the Siberian ice march. God rest his soul.

When he entered the forest, he lost the last bit of energy and dropped to his knees.

Igor: Ngh... No... I can't give up now. I must go on...

So he crawled for a few minutes before finally giving up.

Igor: God, if You hear me, please, I need your salvation, or send me a message to continue.

He went to the nearest tree and laid his back on it.

Igor: Roki can't save me now. Who know's what he is doing.

And with those words, he closed his eyes and hoped someone would save him.

[Timeskip / Igor's POV / 21:34 PM / Ursus taiga]

???: What are we doing here again?

???2: We are looking for the person who made these tracks, we do not know what they want. So keep your guard up.

Two voices and snow cracking from the boots were heard where I was. I open my eyes and see it is night, I take my G17 and aim it in the direction where I heard the voices from.

???2: If it is a GlobeX soldier fire at will. Talulah's orders.

Reunion, just bloody perfect. I guess there is no time to fight a one-sided fight. Holstering my G17 I went back to sleep.

???: I've found a body!

Shit. Don't move.

Someone ran towards my position.

???2: Don't fire! He doesn't seem to be one of them.

???: Is he dead?

I felt a finger touching my neck trying to find a pulse.

???2: Alive, knocked out. Those tracks are probably his.

???: What should we do with him?

???2: I don't know. We can't leave him here.

???: I can drag him to camp.

???2: ...Alright then. Follow me.

Oh boy, I guess I'm fucked. Getting into the enemy camp.

[Timeskip]

???: No sign of hunger or thirst. Only fatigue, he was tired and knocked himself out from that.

???2: Is he infected?

???: I don't see any crystals...

This time I hear 2 female voices instead of male.

???2: Alright. You try to wake him up, I'll go and see where the 2 found him.

???: Okay Tal.

Someone by the name of Tal exited the room and the other woman went across the room to make something. I open my eyes and look around, at a small wooden hut, trying to find my stuff. Nothing.