Chapter 16: "A deal"

[Igor's POV / 10:31 AM / Chernobog]

Getting choked by a whip in combat ain't weird at all. But who am I to judge people and their preferable weapons. I yank the whip behind me and then cut the area around my neck. Getting into a position to fight, I get jumped by someone. My reflexes work just fine and I dodged the person.

Igor: Chto za chert!?

The girl, Exusai, pointed her weapon at me. Using my Exo shield to block any bullets, and getting an originium club, I charge at her. After she'd dumped half her mag it was already too late, I knock the gun out of her hands and hit her to the side. She went down to her knees and held her side in pain. I was fending off a friend of hers, I assume.

Igor: Damn curious kids! You're worse than George himself!

I lift the girl up and throw her at her comrades. 

Igor: You motherfuckers, we could've done this the easier way.

I nearly dodge an arrow going for my head.

Igor: Cease fucking fire! I don't want to fight you!

???: You're actions say otherwise.

Igor: You pulled the trigger first.

???: ...

Igor: Listen. What do you want here? It's not safe around.

???2: We are taking notes on the zone, which is what we are doing. And you...you look familiar.

A woman in unique attire said she had greenish-white hair.

Igor: Do I, now?

???2: You are the one who managed to escape us multiple times.

Igor: Indeed, I am. And who might you be Sherlock?

I said while holstering my pistol.

Kal'tsit: I am doctor Kal'tsit. These are my associates. Your real name?

Igor: Igor, and unique name you got there. I don't care about the others, apart from her.

I pointed at another woman.

Igor: Why isn't she armed or something?

Kal'tsit: She is a leader of Rhodes Island.

I let out a groan, knowing I had to do something for them to fuck off.

Igor: What is her name?

Kal'tsit: She...can't remember.

Igor: Pardon?

Kal'tsit: She was in a coma.

Igor: Okay, let's say I believe you. What are you really doing here? 

Kal'tsit: ...

Doctor: We came to recruit you for Rhodes-

Igor: No can do.

As soon as she said that, I answered straightforwardly.

Igor: Why? I'm the leader of Duty. I have to complete the duty of destroying the zone.

Kal'tsit: Can you at least give us some of that quote-unquote cure.

Igor: About that, I lost my recipe book for medicine and I got no more of those vaccines.

Kal'tsit: You've got to be kidding me.

She pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

Igor: It happened not long ago, it is still around this city. And if you really want to examine things you have to come with me.

Kal'tsit: Why should we?

I point down the street to a group of bandits fighting off mutants, the bandits tried their best to say the least.

Kal'tsit: Where are you leading us?

Igor: Duty base.

[Timeskip]

Igor: Welcome to Duty. 

They look around to see a military base.

Exusai: I thought it is more lively.

Igor: If you go to Freedom I will do much more than just hit you with the club.

Exusai: It is nice in here.

Igor: That's what I thought. Now go to the infirmary to get that checked. Kal'tsit, follow me.

The two of us went to my office to make some deals between R.I. and Duty. The Doctor joined us too, two operators were guarding the door to my office.

Igor: Listen, I would love to join you...if I wasn't leading Duty.

Kal'tsit: Your point?

Igor: If you help me with finding C-Con, I will join you after destroying it.

Kal'tsit: ...

Igor: I will have the book by then.

Kal'tsit was still silent.

Igor: What else do you want from me?

Kal'tsit: If you give me blueprints for that suit-

Igor: I found it in an abandoned house.

Kal'tsit: How come some of your soldiers wear them too.

Igor: This is an advanced one. They have normal Exo's, built by Radomir: our engineer. 

Kal'tsit: Alright I believe you. You will follow anything I say during the joining face of Rhodes Island.

Igor: You got it. Do we got a deal?

Kal'tsit: We do.

We shake hands.

Kal'tsit: When and where would you start searching for that C-Con? You haven't even told us about it.

Igor: I'll explain tomorrow. You can stay here as long as you want. You have access to get inside here. Oh and almost forgot. Can you take 4 girls with you? I saw how they fight, and they are good at it. I don't want them to be traumatized here.

Kal'tsit: You got it. I guess we'll see each other tomorrow?

Igor: Yup. See you until then.

Kal'tsit: Yeah, see you.

Doctor: Goodbye.

They left the office, and so did the two operators guardian the entrance. They all look unique...it's going to be a nightmare working with them.

[Meanwhile...]

Doctor: You think that he will really promise all of that?

Kal'tsit: He has to, or I may take some action if he doesn't. But he seems loyal.

Doctor: I guess you are right.

To be continued...