Chapter 29: "FFA"

[No one's POV / 14:00 / Kazimierz Major arena]

Every MVP of a knight club and every knight that managed to get here were now fighting against each other. There were no allies to help them now, only skill. Igor was among them, and with nothing to lose, he got in a stance and awaited the horn to mark the beginning of the fight.

*DOOT*

And henceforth everyone got into a fight. Tytus Topola against Igor, to redeem himself. No matter how Topola tries, he would knock himself out of the battle if he went against Igor.

He used arts, weapons, and fists to try and make Igor get out of the game. But instead, he was met with his mace. But Topola would parry or dodge every time. So growing tired of this Igor charged at him and swept Topola off his feet. While getting up Igor got a folding chair out of....somewhere and raised it.

Igor: PARRY THIS YE FILTHY CASUAL!

And slammed Topola in the head making him roll 15 feet away and making him out of the game.

Igor: Who's next?!

And without any answers, he went in some duels to try and make anybody forfeit in his ways. It worked until he was against Olmer Ingra. 

He swung down his weapon at Igor who moved out of the way while also landing a series of small mace hits on him. Igor just had more mobility.

Igor: You call this putting up a fight?

And when Olmer was on his knees and out of breath Igor punched him in the helmet with his fist.

Igor: Oh that one's gonna hurt.

Announcer: And Olmer Ingra is OUT! The Tin soldier is on a streak! Oh and Szewczyk is also out, leaving Maria Nearl against him! 2 equally good knights fighting against each other!

Igor: (Fucking perfect...)

They faced each other and went in a circle, waiting for one of them to go first.

With great impatience, Igor charged at her at break-neck velocity. Trying to hit her with his mace only for her to use her shield.

Igor hit the shield too hard and the mace fell out of his hand.

Igor: Bloody shields!

He went and grabbed her shield trying to take it away from Maria, but she had a hard grip on it, so...

Igor: Look out, a line!

He pointed behind her.

Maria: Wha-

She turned around and just like that lost a shield. Igor took his sword out and tried to slash at her only to be dodged and hit in the face.

Igor: Gah!

Maria also tried to slash at him, but Igor parried it with his sword and shoved her back, and swung at her which she blocked with her own sword and broke his in half.

Igor: Just my luck.

Throwing the other half of his sword and fought with fists.

Igor: Go ahead! Make my day!

She dashed at Igor only for him to grab her arm and disarm her, while holding Maria.

Igor: Yield.

Maria: No!

He let go of her and when she got up to hit Igor, she was met with his saber pointing at her throat.

Igor: It's over.

Maria stared intensely at him before looking down.

Maria: *sigh* Fine, you win...

She raised her hands.

Maria: I yield!

*DOOOOOT*

Announcer: And the Tin soldier won! Earning qualification for the semi-finals along with his winning streak!

Igor: You fought well. But not well enough, train more and you will be a winner next time.

Maria: ...

Igor: Forget about the past, you can't change it. You can only do something to change what will happen tomorrow. What happened now doesn't matter on what will happen in the next major. 

Maria: I'll remember those words.

Igor nods at her before leaving for his quarters.

[Meanwhile]

GlobeX officer: We need to send a message to the world by doing this.

GlobeX grunt: By killing thousands of spectators at the arena?

GlobeX officer: Yes. And we got an order from the Boss to stop smuggling weapons to the Reunion. We have plenty of these crystals.

GlobeX grunt: So they are?

GlobeX officer: Enemies, we came here to take over this world and its resources. Anyone standing in our way is an enemy.

GlobeX grunt: But will they?

GlobeX officer: If you keep asking these questions I'm gonna shoot you myself. And follow the damn orders.

GlobeX grunt: Okay...

[To be continued...]