Chapter 43

[No one's POV / 18:30 / Rhodes Island ship]

Dr. Kal'tsi was touring Igor through the land ship, while he tried his best to memorize the layout(he did not). 

Kal'tsit: And that would be it. Some areas are classified for you to enter.

Igor: I ain't ever seen a more modern place in my 25 years of age. 

Kal'tsit: Also, we haven't prepared a dorm for you. So you might have to wait for a while.

Igor: That won't be necessary. I don't really sleep that much. And if I do, it'll be in a place you won't even think of.

She stared at him, unamused.

Kal'tsit: What is that supposed to mean?

Igor: I could sleep on a tree branch if I wanted to.

Kal'tsit: I guess I can't argue with idiots.

Igor: No shit, took you long to realize.

She sighed stressfully, she had plenty of shit to deal with. 

Kal'tsit: Alright, I'll go and make an official document of you joining Rodes Island. You're free to roam around.

Igor: ъeъ

You would expect him to screw something up if he were to roam around(I presume), but he knew that what he does now will have an impact on what others would think about him for the rest of his stay. Now, why didn't he follow this principle in public? Well, he won't have to see them ever again. These were his new comrades in Rhodes Island.

Unfortunately for him, he saw some people he met 2 years ago. Well, they didn't recognize him, but he sure as hell knows them. Or vice versa.

Nonetheless, he tried his best to befriend anyone he could, but of course, nothing in life is easy. He was a little anxious about having to meet a bunch of new people. The people he met and befriended were left with a variety of feelings toward him. Looks like he would have to show and prove himself to the others in battle.

[3 hours later]

Most of the operators were sleeping or guarding, and Igor had nothing better to do than to have a smoke outside. Looking across the horizon, then his hand, and then up at the moon, he questioned:

Igor: What do I do next? It seems that it is over, I cannot do anything else. Give me a clue. Please.

Kal'tsit: Who are you talking to?

He looked down, as he heard her voice, before answering.

Igor: To someone important.

Kal'tsit: And who might that be?

Igor: You wouldn't know and I'm too stubborn to win an argument against.

Kal'tsit: Doesn't matter. The document is almost done, all we need is a little bit of your biography and code name.

Igor: I was born on July 21st, I'm 25. My full name is Igor Alexeyevich Golubov. I weigh 90 kg and stand 185 cm tall. And for a code name...Stalker.

She wrote down all of this on a piece of paper. She was missing something.

Kal'tsit: Where were you born? And your infection status?

Igor: ...

He contemplated if he should tell her or not.

Igor: I'll tell you in the morning. We have plenty of time.

She pinched the bridge of her nose.

Kal'tsit: I guess we do, make sure we do this by 9 in the morning. We have a mission, and make sure you do your best out there.