Chapter 7: "Troubles Pt. 2"

Igor's POV / 19:00 PM / County Hillock

Igor: It's time. I shall get going.

Stanley: Are you sure this will work?

Igor: (I have no idea.) It will. You just get some reinforcements and spread the news. When you hear explosions: get out as fast as possible. And with that, I bid you all farewell.

With that, I left them to fulfill my orders, when I got to the bottom floor I mentally prepared myself for the worst to happen. I ready my AKS and kick the door open. With no other thoughts, I started blasting at the nearest enemy I see.

Igor: Let's do this!

I ran through the streets trying to get as much attention as I can, and would you know it, they took the bait. I hid behind a tree while they were peeking over the corners. I threw my grenade at them, and the explosion killed many of them and injured a good amount of them too. I went there to tie loose ends. And behind the corner were other enemy irregulars. They were suppressing me behind the corner so I had to retreat down the street. But they were there too, I am fucked. I can't run anywhere, they blocked both ways. If I start firing now, they will return it tenfold, if I go close-quarters, I might just get out alive. I pull out my combat knife and ready myself.

Igor: Come on! Come and get me!

And with that, the first patch of the enemies was sent to take me down. They got an upper hand because they got ranged melee, bats, swords, clubs, etc. But I managed to take them down.

[NEW] Ability: Manifestation: You can get any cold weapon you want using your mind. Imagine a sword/axe/dagger... and it will quickly manifest into reality. It will slowly disintegrate if you let go of it for too long. This will consume 7% of the originium percentage of the 100%.
You currently have: 42%

Neat. I need to check on those.  With the information about the ability, I got myself a light cavalry saber. It was all black and sharp as hell. Neat.

Igor: Fear me!

I went head first into the enemies, they weren't expecting me to charge at them at this moment, seeing that I was on the defensive side. But sometimes the best defense is a good offense. I managed to shank them with ease.

Igor: Who else wanna meet Jesus?

They just looked at me, and as I was getting closer to them, they started to back away.

???: What are you doing?! Attack him!

A feminine voice said among the irregular soldiers.

Igor: If you want me killed; kill me yourself!

And out of the group comes out the commander I shot earlier.

Igor: You lead your people into suicide if they attack me.

???: And who do you think you are saying that?

Igor: Me? I'm just a soldier, trying to do soldier things.

???: By doing this?

Igor: Listen here you little shit. You attack this city and execute civilians, what am I supposed to do? Leave and don't give a shit about those people in the city?

???: ...

Igor: Name.

Mandragora: Mandragora.

Igor: Igor. You're a commander or something?

Mandragora: No, a cook. Of course, I'm the commander!

Igor: Oh you are that kind of person.

I ready my sword and ready to attack, she readied her rapier? And without second thoughts we went face to face.

Igor: Not bad, for a crippled person.

Mandragora: What is that supposed to mean!?

Igor: Idk.

I started doing the Kazotsky Kick because why not. Everyone looked at me in confusion, Mandragora was really confused about what was I doing. Tbh I was too. And then I went in for the kill, she tried to deflect my attack, but it was in vain, she got a new hole in her body now. I wasn't sure if this would work at all.

Mandragora: H-How...?

Igor: Let your plans be so fucking retarded that neither you, nor the enemy know what you're doing, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. Also, you weren't focusing.

Mandragora: And you think killing me...will stop all of this?

Igor: Nope. I know you have more commanders that will lead the other groups, don't worry, you shall see them sooner. L bozo, rest in piss, you won't be missed.

I let her fall to the ground, her soldiers were looking at the scene in horror.

Igor: Get out of the city, or I'll make you get out.

Some left their positions, while the others stayed so they can avenge their commander.

Igor: So it is going to be like this.

It was already 11 at night, I've had enough of this shit. I pull an Indian Jones on them and shot anybody daring to attack. They finally backed off. After that, I look for a place to rest.

Timeskip...

After a while I found a rather clean place to sleep, it had a bed, a comfy one. I couldn't give a shit anymore, so I only took off my gas mask and went to sleep...

...

...

...

...

Igor: ...I can't remember the last time I took a shower.

To be continued...