Chapter 45

Igor: Long time no see, Yelena...

FrostNova: ...Igor?

Igor: Took you long enough. How have you been?

This wasn't the same Igor she was with years ago. Before all of this, he almost always had a smile on his face, he was happy, and now...she really changed him. He shows no emotion, scarred both psychologically and physically. 

Igor: Answer me.

He said in a monotone voice. FrostNova was still trembling at the sight of him. He looked down and shook his head before turning around and slowly leaving.

Igor: I knew this was a bad idea...

FrostNova: W-Wait!

She grabbed him by the shoulder and he turned around.

FrostNova: Not so good...I've been questioning myself every night about why did I do it...

Igor: And did you get the answer?

She was quiet for a moment before speaking up.

FrostNova: I have not...All I know is that I regret it, we don't need to be together again, I just ask for your forgiveness. Please...

She was on the verge of tears and on her knees, begging him for forgiveness.

FrostNova: I'll do anything. Just forgive me...

Igor: Get up, you're being pathetic. Normally I would've said 'fuck off', but Father Vladimir told me to forgive only those who are still pure of heart and soul.

FrostNova: Wait, isn't he your grand-uncle?

Igor: He was. Vechnaya Pamyat'.

He crossed himself after he said that.

FrostNova: Sorry to hear that...

Igor: You didn't know, it is alright. Now, look into my eyes.

Their gazes met and stayed locked, Igor staring deeply into her one good eye(I think).

Igor: Eyes are windows to the soul. The quote does not lie. I've seen enough, I forgive you.

She couldn't hold her emotions after she heard those words. The words she has been longing to hear for 6 painful years.

She hugged him tightly and sobbed. Igor hesitantly hugged her back, letting a singular tear run down his cheek. Sometimes forgiving is better than vengeance. 

Igor: Remember that we are no longer together, and this won't fix it. You've broken my trust.

FrostNova: It's okay, I understand. Can we at least still be friends?

Igor: That we can. It is getting late, go sleep, Yelena.

FrostNova went her way, she can finally rest peacefully, knowing that she isn't hated by someone so close to her. 

Meanwhile, Igor was left there, standing and thinking.

Igor: I shouldn't have acted like that when I found out about it...

Amiya: So you knew her before?

Amiya was looking from across the hallway at their interaction and questioned Igor about it.

Igor: I did. We were close. Until one day...

Amiya: It's okay, you don't need to tell me if you're uncomfortable with it...

He stayed quiet, and Amiya remembered why she was actually there. She handed him an old book saying it was from Kal'tsit. She then went her own merry way.

Igor: A journal? And in Russian? Awesome. Let's see what does it say.

"Under the mountains, where
Rural areas and villages are on the
Steppes, which are vast and plenty,
Under the snowy taigas, you will find my 
Safe place to pray and be protected.

Long I have left this world, left for you to explore.
And if you find my safe place, we shall meet and I will guide you, 
Knowing that you can't go on your own
Even with all that power you hold.

No fear, you have your friends to help you too,
End is nowhere near for you."

If you could understand this small poem I made you will have almost no flaws in finding my place. Although you would have to solve it first. Good luck.

-Andrei Stepanovich Alekseev

Igor: This one is very easy. It is an acrostic. Ursus, lake, and...what is NE supposed to-ah right. North-east. I will search for it in the morning.

[Timeskip]

Igor: (Over a radio) You got me on the map?!

He almost yelled because he was going through an aggressive blizzard. A whole team was put to watch over Igor's vital signs to make sure he is in a good shape.

Kal'tsit: We do. You're getting closer to the lake. Do you see a wooden house out there?

Igor: I can barely see 5 meters in front of me!

Kal'tsit: Copy. *Turns off the radio* Make sure everything is good with him. I need to do something.

[With Igor]

Igor: Fuck...

He was exhausted from carrying all of the stuff on his back and walking with skis on his legs. e was starting to question if Andrei even existed and if it was a lie from Kal'tsit to screw Igor over.

That was until he saw a 2 story wooden house, and he quickly went to its porch leaving the skis on it. He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

*Fiddle, diddle.* *Riddle, diddle*

Igor: Damn it! C'mon! Open up! Please!

As he said 'please' the door magically opened. It was beautiful inside, and warm. He quickly closed the door to get all the warmth he needed.

Igor: Oh thank you, God!

It took him some time to see the beauty of the interior of the house. He was mostly blown away by the Icon corner. Both old and new icons can be seen there, ranging from Jesus and his apostles to saints and martyrs. Igor took his hat off and stopped to pray for a moment.

Just the winds outside could be heard and now a piano was being played.

This took Igor by surprise, he quickly turned around and readied his M1911. Going to investigate the sound. It was coming from the guest room. There he saw a blonde-haired man in a Russian folk costume playing the piano. 

He put the pistol in its holster and let the man finish the song. He got up and faced Igor, who gave him applause.

Igor: You're very talented. Andrei, right?

Andrei: You'd be correct. And thank you.

Igor: What is the song called?

Andrei: La Solitude if I recall correctly. You are?

Igor: Igor Golubov. I'm the next messiah for Terra.

Andrei: Come then, sit. You must've come here for some advice and guidance.

Igor: Yes. I don't know what to do now. I need someone to help. Who has experience with this power.

Andrei: Then you've come to the right place. We've got much to talk about friend.

[To be continued...]