Chapter 35: "Savior"

[No one's POV / 6:13 AM / Chernobog]

It was raining in Chernobog, and the sound of it was calming. Igor was seeking shelter under the ruins of a building. Only the sound of fire, rain and the cracking of the Geiger counter is heard around him. He was writing something on a piece of paper.

Only stopping when a carrier pigeon landed on a window.

Igor: Who might communicate with jolly ol' me?

He opened the message and slowly read it.

Igor: "Hello Igor, it's been a while since the last time. Please read carefully, we are in dire need of your help. Rhodes Island is slowly capturing or neutralizing essential leaders. Our outpost is in Chernobog, it is an old abandoned military base in the center. -Talulah"
Uh oh. This might be a problem.

Well, he best get going. He extinguished the fire, took his stuff, and jogged to the said location.

[Timeskip]

Igor: Don't shoot! Talulah wants to speak with me!

He was reasoning with the gate guards.

Guard: Wait here until I speak with Talulah about this! You two keep an eye out for him!

The guard went to report this to Talulah who ordered the guards to let Igor in the base. The gates opened and the guards escort Igor to Talulah.

Talulah: Did you get the message?

Igor: I did, it has been a while Talulah.

Talulah: There is no time to talk, we need your help.

Igor: Speak woman.

Talulah: Mephisto and Faust are dead. I couldn't give a shit about Mephisto, but Faust had value...

Igor: You are trying to say?

Talulah: We need you.

Igor: ...welp. I need to talk with you for a bit. It's important.

Talulah: Go on?

Igor: I need you to get closer.

She leaned to Igor and he whispered n her ear.

Igor: I cannot work with you.

Talulah: What? Why?

Igor: It's simple.

He faced away from her.

Igor: Your movement is no longer for the good and it's not your fault. Also, I killed Eno and Sasha.

Talulah: What...

Igor: You heard me.

Talulah: You signed your own death by telling me this.

Igor: I know.

She slowly unsheathed her sword and Igor decided that he had enough of her shit for today and disappeared. 

Talulah: Damn it!

[With Igor]

He was lost and judging all of his decisions up to this point. 

Igor: I'm more surprised how many times I managed to avoid death. 

Explosions were heard around him. 

Igor: No, don't explore it. Curiosity killed the cat.

But you need some action, Igor.

Igor: I'm George and I'm very curious.

So he went to see what is going on, peaking around the corner every so often.

Igor: Woah. 

It was R.I. against Reunion, nothing too special.

Igor: Well, I best get going.

That was until he heard singing on the battlefield. Which triggered something in him.

Igor: Wait a minute, I know that voice...

He returned to where he would peek and see what is going on. There he saw a white-haired girl.

Igor: Yelena...

There he saw how she fought, he was feeling something he hadn't felt in a long time: fear and regret.

It looked like the battle was hers, until she collapsed. Igor threw smoke grenades and checked up on her.

Igor: Stay with me, c'mon.

Checking her pulse and everything, there were wounds, but nothing major. She was infected.

Igor: God, give me strength to save this poor soul.

So, instead of using meds, he used arts to try and revive her. By that, he took the originium outside of her body and gave her CPR.

Igor: C'mon, you can get through it.

He did everything he could until he got a pulse. 

Igor: Yes!

FrostNova slowly opened her eye and saw a blurry Igor.

FrostNova: Huh..?

Igor: Oh fuck, the smoke is no more.

He ran as fast as he could away from R.I. operators, while the Doctor spoke with FrostNova.

[Meanwhile]

Igor: I must've been on some drugs, that isn't Yelena, right?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Right?

[To be continued...]

Also, I have a Discord server(link is in my bio/information) for yall to join if you want to:
https://discord.gg/FDdZAe5CDX