Chapter 36: "Dirty soul"

[Igor's POV / 14:26 / Chernobog]

Igor: Focus, Igor. You're a stoic. Don't let anything distract you.

I slap myself after seeing a girl who was a spitting image of my ex. There is no time to remember those times, they've been long gone. Right now, you need to stop this fight between the two factions. What to do, what to do...

Roki: I've got an idea.

Standing next to me was the one and only Roki. I look and nod at him to hear what he has to say.

Roki: Get Talulah to Rhodes Island, use whatever force necessary just don't kill her. Fuck with her mind a little if you need to. If you bring the Runion leader down, you bring along everybody there.

Igor: This will be hard, but I think that it will work. Thanks for the advice.

I thank Roki and ran to the base where Talulah was, I need to stop her madness, she has descended into insanity since the last time I saw her.

I don't know how many people nor what kind of people died fighting Reunion, but it has to end here. 

No more. I was in front of the gates, I turn my cloak on and jump over the gate using my Exo. Every soldier in there was in a hurry, it was unorganized like the Russian army in the Great war.  I head to a shelter where Talulah was. 

I enter and see her facing away from me and looking at a map. My M1911 was pointed at her head and my Exo uncloaked. I was within arms reach of her and push the cold steel against her neck, taking her by surprise.

Igor: Scream and I'll put lead through your head.

I turn her around and point my pistol at her heart while maintaining eye contact.

Igor: Why.

Talulah: What?

Igor: Why did you do all of this? What was the reason you started this movement? What led you here?

Talulah: What does it matter to you?

I grab her by the collar of her shirt and got close and personal.

Igor: We can't work this out if you do not tell me. I'm here to help you.

Talulah: And this is how you help me?

Igor: If you do not comply.

Talulah: ...It was Kashchey. He killed many people with oripathy, just because they were infected. I purposely got infected once and killed him. But instead of getting rid of him for good, he managed to get into my brain and communicates with me. The Ursine authorities saw us as a threat and-

Igor: Okay. Listen, child, I will help the best way I can and deal with Kashchey. I will deal with the infected peoples' status in the entirety of Terra. I just need you to surrender your weapons.

She looked down.

Talulah: I cannot do that, I swore an oath to Reunion and all of the infected that I will bring justice to them, even if I die. It's better off killing me.

Igor: No. And if you don't cooperate with me, I will need to use any force necessary.

Talulah: I said-

I hit her in the side of the head and knock her out. Stubborn aren't we? I use a fireman's carry to get her out of there and run outside as quickly as I can. I got some enemies on me but they were afraid of harming Talulah on my shoulders. So they sort of let me go.

[Timeskip]

I was trying to hijack R.I. radio frequency but they got some good shit on them and was kinda hard to do so. Talulah was right next to me, tied and still unconscious. 

Igor: Aaaaaaaaand...

I flinch a little after I put two wires together. Expecting an explosion in my face or something like that. I managed to get on their radio.

Igor: Oh. That was easy. (R) Is anybody on the other side of this radio? Do you copy?

Radio: (silence)

Igor: (R) I repeat, does anybody copy? I have something that might interest you.

Radio: (same as before)

Igor: (R) I know someone is listening to this, I've got Talulah with me and I'd like to be under your authority. Do you read me?

Female voice: How do we know you've got her?

Igor: If I lie cut me where I'm the thinnest. Where do you want us to rendezvous?

Female voice: We are at the Angels' Square near the center.

I look over a window and see a group of people in front of a building.

Igor: I see you. All of you. I'm on your nine or 90 degrees on the left of you.

She looks at me and I wave at her.

Female voice: Alright, you can come over with Talulah with you. That is if you have her. Over.

Igor: Copy and out.

I turn off the radio and carry Talulah with me to them.

???: Wait you were the one that killed Mephisto and Faust.

Igor: Yes I am. If you wonder why I didn't kill Talulah, well she is way more important as a leader than two henchmen. I want you to keep an eye on her until I finish my business. I want nothing in return for her.

??? Hold on. You can't just go scot-free.

Igor: I can and I will. Also, if I hear you've done something to her or anybody that isn't deserving of punishment, you will die without even knowing that I killed you. Her blood is on your hands.

???: Now wait-!

Being the asshole I am, I dip out of there just like a deadbeat dad. This Exo is op, author nerf pls.

[To be continued...]