Chapter 30: "To hell with them"

[No one's POV / 10:56 AM / Kazimierz Major arena]

This was the day that Igor would write a new page in history. He is up against the Radiant knight, an all-time champion of the Major. Right now he was repairing his sword and the only things that would hold it together were spit, tape, and a prayer to God.

Igor: It's time. I guess it's sturdy enough.

The moment he lifted the sword it folded on itself.

Igor: I guess not, there is no time to waste.

So he went to the fight without the sword. In the arena was Margaret Nearl; the Radiat Knight waiting for him.

Announcer: Alright ladies and gentlemen! Today we have the first semi-finals battle. On one side we have the undefeated champion: Margaret Nearl the Radiant Knight! On the other, we have the invincible, unstoppable Tin Soldier! These two are good fighters, so this duel might take a while. Without any further, 3!

Igor crossed himself, the stories he heard about her were quite something.

2!

Margaret readied her mace, sweating a little. She saw his fighting style: unpredictable.

1!

Unsheathing his saber and unholstering his Nagant revolver. Igor was combat-ready.

BEGIN!

The moment Igor heard those words he went into a sprint toward Margaret. Firing two shots at her, only for her to protect herself with the shield, Igor tried to drop-kick her on the shield which only pushed her away. While he himself was getting up from the ground facing away from Margaret.

So when he turned around he was hit with a shield and lost the grip of his revolver. 

Igor: Damn.

He was still being pushed back, he tried to stop her. Keyword: tried. Instead of stopping her, he got run over by her.

Igor: God, can you look at me once, please?

He got up and gestured for Margaret to come closer and fight. When she was within his reach he tried to stab, slash and cut at her. Dodging everything he just did Margaret hit him with his mace whenever she could. Come on it's a mace against a saber, both have pros and cons, but a mace could do more damage to someone than a saber.

So in conclusion: Igor's armor: destroyed, his morale: low, his body: tired, and his performance: not good enough.

Right now he was on his knees looking up at Margaret.

Margaret: Forfeit.

He only extended his arms out.

Igor: I'd rather lose honorably than forfeit the fight. Do what you must champion.

She raised her mace above her head.

[Meanwhile]

GlobeX Demoman: Charge is set. 

They have dug below the battlegrounds of the arena for their plan to work. They all went to the nearest cover and awaited the explosion.

GlobeX Demoman: Aaaaaaaand...Now!

*Boom*

[The battlegrounds]

Before Margaret could do the final blow to Igor an explosion went off to their sides and sent them flying 10 meters away. Igor was knocked out, while Margaret was trying to find out what is going on.

[Igor's mind]

Igor: What in the flying fuck happened? And where am I? Oh right.

He saw that  b a l l  in the sky and knew where he was. 

Smartass Igor: You won the tournament?

Igor: Everything but the tournament, last thing I heard before coming here was an explosion.

Smartass Igor: Oh...

Igor: I hope I didn't die.

Smartass Igor: About that-

Igor: I fucking hate accepting his proposal. TAKE ME, GOD!

He yelled at the top of his lungs while looking at the sky. Then someone tapped on his shoulder.

Igor: Huh?

The moment he turned he was met with Roki's fist. How did he manage to get here, I don't give a shit about that. 

[Terra]

An all-white feathered pigeon/dove had landed on his helmet and tried to wake Igor up.

[Igor's POV]

My ears were painfully ringing, and I was dizzy and still recovering from the explosion. I look around and see GlobeX soldiers fighting against Margaret, and others fighting the security. I look for my Nagant and find it 3 feet away from me, crawling towards it I grab it and aim at the soldiers fighting Margaret. Firing 2 shots, 2 soldiers fall down and look in my direction.

Igor: Shit.

But Margaret knocked down the remaining 3 and ran to me.

Margaret: Are you good?

Igor: Alive and tired. What happened?

Margaret: We can't talk right now we have to defend these people from those soldiers.

Igor: Right.

She extended her hand for me to get up. I grab it and she pulled me to my feet.

Igor: You go there, and I here. We need to take as much space as we can.

I went inside the arena and fought with any enemy soldier in my way. Drop-kicking them, shooting them, yelling at them.

Igor: Hey listen, I got this new drum solo I've been working on.

And with that, I beat the enemy with my mace.

Igor: What's this?

I look at the shiny, engraved 1911 the soldier possesses. And yoink it.

Igor: Now I need a 9mm like the Glock to make sure people don't come back as a lich. Speaking of.

As I said that I pick up a Glock 17 from another soldier.

Igor: Perfect.

While I was inspecting the two pistols I heard gunshots from behind me, quickly checking if there were any rounds in the chamber I turn around and saw a squad of foes. I return fire with the two pistols killing the squad.

Igor: Oh fuck! I'm definitely touching myself after this.

[New ability] Necromancy/Father
When using the halo you are able to summon a human-like being. They appear to be made in black and red matter and have glowing red eyes. They can have random cold weapons(nothing ranged). They are made out of originium and blood, yours specifically. In order to summon this creature(Disciple) you will need to focus and hit the ground with your fist. Black liquid will appear and they will come out of it. They follow you and your orders as long as you have the halo, if you take it off they will disappear. You will feel a little tired after you spawned one...load more

Igor: Later. This will be abused by me. So let's summon one.

I followed the instructions on how to summon this creature and it worked, it came out of the black goo.

Igor: Oh it work-*cough* *gargle*

Blood came out of my mouth and I felt tired. I should've read the entire instructions menu.

Igor: *spit* Right. Listen. Go and kill or put anyone to sleep who wears these kinds of clothes. And when you finish can you disappear? 

The creature went to do its job. Igor was sure it will listen to him as long as he has the halo.

Igor: Let's get the fuck out of Kazimierz.

And with those words, I walked to the exit of this arena to try and find a way out of here.

[To be continued...]