Chapter 22: "Get out of here stalker"

[Igor's POV / ???? Time / Chernobog]

Igor: It sure is a mess ever since I wasn't here. Now to treat these wounds and get to my office.

I enter the ruined medbay trying to find bandages or anything that can help. I search the drawers and tables, along with lockers, and there I found bandages to help with my burns. Taking off my armor and clothes, I look in the mirror to see what kind of shit I'm in. My torso survived, and my arms and legs, on the other hand, were in various colors. My face did not have burn marks, but it had scars. So I went to bandage myself.

[Timeskip]

I was going through the city in my dirty and fucked up equipment, it's better than going naked. At these times I think Sidorovich had really great deals. I continue walking to my base.

Igor: They all think I'm dead, let it stay like that. I got to sneak through the base.

I said to myself before entering a building nearby, that was also near the base. It was a restaurant, I went to check in the back to see if there is any food left edible. The only thing I found was a loaf of bread. It's better than nothing. So started to slowly eat it until nightfall.

Igor: Fuck my life.

[Timeskip]

It was night, at the entrance gates were a few guards and a spotlight turned on. I guess I am going through the rooftops.

I climb to the top of the restaurant and sprint to the ledge, jumping over the gap and onto the next roof. It hurt like hell, but you can't slow a man with a goal. Going through the stairs in the building to get inside the base, I look outside to see how many people are guarding, at least the path where I'm going - not much. I get out of the building and crawl my area to the office. Looking around me to see if anyone is watching, I unlock the door to my office and enter it, before closing the door.

I found my backpack with the clothes still there, I can't change now. I find the place where I hid my Exo and slowly put it on. I turn on the cloak ability and grab my stuff before leaving. I will surely miss the Zone, I take a look at the base one last time before leaving. And my cloak ability fucked me up, it didn't work anymore. One of the guards look at me and pointed his spotlight.

Soldier: Get out of here stalker!

And I complied, I was tired of the Zone.

[Timeskip]

Igor: You can take a stalker out of the zone, but you may never take the zone out of the stalker

With my final farewell to the Zone, I left for Yan. To try and find if it has anything better to offer. I again heard the voices.

The book...loners have taken it...sold it many times...it is currently in Kazimierz...find it...to get rid of me...

Shit, I got to ready up then. Well, going to Yan it is.

To be continued...