Chapter 33: "A warm welcome"

[No one's POV / 0:41 / In some factory of Siracusa]

It's dead at night, and it's a calm one. Unlike Igor who woke up with a bag over his head and bound to a chair.

Igor: My head will kill me. Where am I?

Someone took the bag off his head and in front of Igor was the man from the bar.

Igor: Oh it's you. Why am I here?

???: Well, firstly you spilled my shit on me, secondly, this money ain't gonna cut it.

Igor: My brother in Christ: I tried to apologize and was in a hurry.

???: I said it ain't gonna cut it!

Igor: Come on now, I'm sorry-

???: Shut it! I'm gonna have fun with you for compensation.

Igor: ...

He stayed silent as he watched the man get an Italian switchblade. Thankfully he had a plan. 

Being tied with ropes to a chair and the armrest of it, the man stabbed Igor's left hand. Igor flinched and kicked the man, pushing himself back and freeing his right hand. He pulled out the switchblade and cut the other ropes. 

Igor: Fuck!

Other mafia men entered the room with bats, swords, and other weapons for close range. Instead of going for them, he held their leader hostage.

Igor: Stand down or this one gets it. *whispering* My weapons?

???: At the table behind you.

Igor: Lights out. And I'll be keeping this.

Igor stabbed him in the back and made a run for his weapons.

Igor: Muh stopping power. 

He took his two pistols and the bag and ran away from the enemies, shooting some along the way. Until he realized he was in a factory

Igor: I should quit drinking alcohol. Or at least going to the bar. Now to patch this wound.

He poured alcohol over his wound and bandaged the wound. 

Igor: Let's try not to get noticed.

Henceforth he went into stealf mode. He pulled out the 1911 just in case.

Igor: I really need a silencer for this boi-

He heard a conversation near him.

???: Did you hear about this bounty hunter that is going across Terra?

???2: I did. People say that he has a shattered black halo. He must be a fallen Sankta.

???: The skills he posses aren't from a Sankta, or from a fallen one. He exceeds them.

???3: He has no remorse over anybody who he kills. Hell, he would kill a kid if he needs to.

Igor: Oh so you're talking about me?

???2: Who goes there?!

Igor fired three shots and killed the two of them while incapacitating one.

Igor: Scream and I'll gut you out. Where is the exit?

???: O-out there.

He pointed to the exit not far from where they were.

Igor: I'll tell the grim reaper to let you live.

Holstering his pistol and walking away he saw something he always wanted; the Russian 1895.

Igor: Oh, oh ho ho ho. Christmas came early this year.

He took the weapon and inspected it.

Igor: "Property of GlobeX", yeah for sure, it's mine now.

He took some ammo for it and a bandoleer before slinging it over his shoulder and getting the hell out of the hideout. 

Igor: My day couldn't get any better!

[Timeskip / Siracusan Bar]

Igor: No, that's not it...I'm busy alright?... I'll keep it in mind...

He was arguing with a person over the phone.

Igor: Listen here, if you don't leave me alone, I will find you and I will kill you...just as I thought. Alright, buh-bye!

He hung up and downed a shot of vodka.

Igor: Fucking Victorians.

???: -meaning they are trying to find a cure for the infection.

???2: And how is it going for them?

???: Well, they are also some sort of military-

???2: A pharmacy company?

???: Yes. They are currently fiddling with Reunion in Chernobog.

Igor: (Looks like they need my help again, they can't survive a day in that radioactivity.)

He left money on the table where he was drinking and exited the bar.

Igor: Damn this world and my life.

He lit a cigar and whistled for his horse. The black steed arrived in record-breaking time, Igor mounted it and went full gallop to Chernobog.

Igor: Get there in time. Faster!

[Timeskip / 21:45 / Outskirts of Chernobog / Igor's POV]

Igor: Chorniy, you will stay here, and never enter the city. I will reward you if you do.

Chorniy: Okay then.

Igor: What.

Chorniy: *horse noises*

I look at the cigar in my hand and back at my horse.

Igor: How and what did I put in this?

I shake my head and went to check my stuff. Let's see, kevlar vest, gas mask, Geiger counter, water, food, guns. Everything seems in check. Now to get this Exo under my trench coat.

Igor: Get going boah. I need to do this.

The horse went running to the plains while I put down the campfire and go to Chernobog. It has been a while from the Zone, oh how I missed it. I turn my Geiger counter and it already started to make cracking noises. Either originium or radiation in the air, either way, it's lethal in high doses nonetheless.

Walking through the calm streets like this is a rare occasion, it was dead quiet, unlike the real Zone where the sound of bullets, yelling, and screaming in agony can be heard in the urban dense areas. A literal ghost town.

Igor: A lot has changed in 2 years. The mutants were replaced by originium mutants, bandits are replaced by Reunion soldiers. Dear Lord. 

I am now trying to find a place where I could spend the night in. It's getting colder and colder outside. Then I remembered: the Duty base. Sprinting to the location where I think the base is, I found Reunion took over it. 

Igor: I need a vantage point.

I found a radio tower that has a good overview of the base so I head to the tower. 

[Small timeksip]

It did have a good overview, so I scout the area with my binoculars and try to find any signs of fighting in the base. The vehicles, weapons, and anything useful were gone. No explosions or bullet holes were seen, they just took it.

Igor: Now to find who is leading these mfs.

Looking again through the binoculars and I see 4 individuals sticking out like a sore thumb. One girl, 2 kids no older than 15, and an absolute unit of a man.

Igor: The girl looks familiar...let's not waste time Igor.

[15 minutes later]

Igor: Okay, looks like I sleep inside a car.

There were abandoned cars scattered across the streets so I guess it's better than nothing.

[To be continued...]