Chapter 32: "Mafiosi"

[ Igor's POV / 14:24 / Laterano ]

Laterano - A place from where the Sankta come, their home. Thought it'd be more... normal. 

Igor: And there goes the pillar...

Literally a free country, people are doing whatever they want as long as they follow the constitution. They are very cheerful. But there is no time to waste sight-seeing.

Me being the polar opposite of what they are did get some eyes on me. Especially my grim appearance, the depressing expression on my face, the black horse, and the halo above my head. But I paid no mind to that and look for a telephone booth.

[Small timeskip]

Igor: I did my part of the deal, now you do yours.

???: Relax, the money will be sent to your online bank account. Oh, and the person you're looking for has ties with Bernando Bellone.

Igor: Right, but if you lie...

???: I'm not! Oh, hitmen these days.

I hang up and check my bank account on my phone. And he sure did keep his part of the deal.

Igor: Well now with all said and done, Siracusa, here I come.

I whistle for my horse to come and slowly head to the mafia state. But of course, right as I am about to leave...

???: Hey you! Stop a moment!

A knight waved at me to come to him.

Igor: Enough of this bullshit. Davai!

With Chorniy in full gallop, I manage to slip away from the knights.

*bang*

Igor: Of fuck they have bullets.

No, I don't want to retaliate who knows how much weaponry they have with them. Some problems don't always need to be solved by violence, sometimes you just have to avoid them.

[With the knights]

Knight#1: Damn, we lost him!

Knight#2: Should we chase him?

Knight#1: Nah, someone will get him. Want to go on a coffee break?

[Timeskip / 18:12]

Igor: Well, well, well. Let's try and not to get my shit pushed in. 

The first thing to do is get new clothes to look like the others. And thank God there was a tailor not too far from where I was. Entering the shop and hearing those bells above the door, this must be the real deal. 

Tailor: Ah. Good evening young lad, and welcome. How may I help you?

An older man greeted me at his desk.

Igor: Good evening to you too, I'm looking for an ordinary woolen trenchcoat. You got any of those?

Tailor: Well of course I do! Any specific color to suit your taste?

Igor: Grey.

He nodded his head and went to find the trenchcoat, while I looked around the shop.

Tailor: Here it is. This was the only one I got. A grey trenchcoat with black wool to keep you warm in these areas.

Igor: Thank you, and it looks just my size. How much?

Tailor: 165 Lira.

Igor: Here you go. Also, do you know where can I find a shoemaker?

Tailor: You're new here, aren't you? Well, I know a very good shoemaker by the name of Luca Pastore. He is a friend of mine, I'll call him to tell you that you are going to see him later. His shop is three blocks east of here. Goodbye lad.

Igor: Goodbye.

I put on the trench coat and head to the said shoemaker. The city is pretty calm at night, can't wait to see what chaos will it turn to when the daytime comes. 

I arrive at the shop and enter it, there was Luca drinking coffee and reading newspapers, waiting for me.

Luca: You the one that Pietro told me about?

Igor: If Pietro is the tailor I was at, then yes.

Luca: Then you've come to the right place. I've got a lot of shoes there isn't a pair that isn't here.

Igor: I need black and white spectators.

Luca: Not bad taste, here you go. That'll be 95 Lira.

I hand Luca the 95 Lira and put on the shoes.

Igor: Very cozy. Well, I'm off. Goodbye.

[Timeskip / In a bar]

Roki: You want me to scatter these posters of you around the city?

Igor: Not any posters, my gun-for-hire poster.

Roki: Alright. Just let us finish these drinks.

Igor: Oh drinks, don't forget the drinks.

Roki: Shut up.

I take the shot from the remaining whiskey I got and Roki chugs down his beer.

Roki: Let's go.

We leave the money on the table and by we I mean I. While heading out I bump into a man who was having a swig of whiskey from his flask and poured it on himself. He was clearly agitated.

Igor: Sorry man. Here take this for cleaning.

I hand him 200 Lira as compensation and leave in a hurry. Roki was nowhere near so he must be gone to spread those posters. So I go for a walk around the town. And dear Lord the crimes during the night were quite common. 

And while taking a better look at a crime scene, knowing damn well I could change but I don't, someone crept up behind me.

Igor: The fuck-

Before I could finish my words I felt someone hit me in the head and cover my head with a bag and lost consciousness. Helluva way to be welcome to a city, but hey this is the Sicilian mafia of this world we're talking about, I'm in deep shit. And I don't know with whom did I fuck with to get this treatment.

[To be continued]