-4-

Y/n's POV:

We had been on the ship for just over a week and had slowly been putting our case together, I had managed to hack into the employment records of the company so that we could cross-reference employees with the dates that we thought munitions shipments had arrived.

 Currently, we were both sitting together on our bed trying to work out a few little bits that just didn't seem to be making any sense. There seemed to be a missing link, we had seen how hard the crew was working and it just didn't seem like they had enough time to coordinate illegal weapon smuggling deals. It wasn't going very well. 

James sighed before standing up and stating "I'm frustrated." 

"me too," I replied before standing up to join him 

"No," he said, "not that kind of frustrated..." 

"Oooh!" I replied (I mean I practically squealed), elated that I had a new way to get under his skin "James is frustrated because he has no one to fuck." I mocked in a sing-song voice (because you seriously don't know how happy this information made me).

 "Aww. That must be so tough for you." I commented. He looked at me irritated. "Well I'm sorry but what do you want me to do about it?" I said stepping closer to him. 

"Just fuck off Y/n." he gave me a dangerous look, and I enjoyed the power I was wielding right now.

I stepped even closer so that our faces were inches apart before I whispered "Make me." 

Honestly, I think I deserve an Oscar for how hard I was having to concentrate not to laugh.

"Do you need a little help?" I asked, running my fingers across his collar bone and down onto his chest. "Do you need to let off a little...steam?" I pulled at his waist-band and saw his eyes darken.

"Y/n-" he began, closing his eyes and breathing heavily.

"Am I making you nervous?" I whispered and began palming him through the fabric.

I looked down at the tent forming under my hand and smiled.

I turned around and walked straight out of the cabin, leaving James standing there horny, unsatisfied, and stewing in the tension.

In all honesty, I didn't know where I was going but I had always wanted to feel like the main character, and fuck me if I was going to let that chance slip away from me. 

I sat down on one of the deck chairs that was set out on deck. I was smiling ridiculously, triumphant when a woman came up to me and sat down in the chair to my left. "Someone got some earlier," she said.

 I laughed and replied, "You could not be farther from the truth."

 "I'm Olivia, we're in 263." 

"Oh! we're in 267." I responded, glad that I had found someone else to talk to on this boat after being stuck with Barnes for a week.

 "It's a lovely view, isn't it?" 

"Yeah," I replied. 

"What did you say your name was again?" Olivia enquired.

 "Oh, I'm Lola and I'm here with my husband, William." 

We continued to talk for almost an hour, I told her about hundreds of things that I made up on the spot, for example, I told her that "I was once babysitting my sister's chickens when one escaped out of the coop and fled down the side gate." And that, "luckily it didn't get run over but it must have shaved a few years off my life." I don't even have a sister.

 Once I realized the time, I said a hasty goodbye and headed back to the cabin where I met James, and we went to dinner.

We hardly said a word until we got back and James nearly exploded. "Do you think what you did earlier was funny?" he asked.

 "I don't know, I found it hilarious." I replied with a deadpan expression. 

"Where did you even go?" 

"What is this? an interrogation?" we were getting closer and closer together, I could almost hear him breathing heavily. 

"You're supposed to be MY WIFE. We're supposed to be in LOVE, and we're also supposed to remember that this is a mission, not a vacation. You can't just walk off." I was getting more and more irritated 

"You can't tell me what to do!" I screamed. "

You know what? Fuck you." he yelled. 

Then something unexpected happened, James leant forward and kissed me. It only lasted a second but it felt longer, the kiss intrigued me, his lips were soft and supple, almost forgiving. I pulled away, "Fine. If you insist."

(762 Words)