5- SECRET

"So how are you doing now, Justine Park? Or... maybe.... we should call you SON CHAEYOUNG?" She smirked.

At this moment, the instant silence was welcome to fill the room. The roaring sound of a motorcycle, the sounds of traffic, a horn honking, and an engine revving in the busy city are too often heard throughout the building, like unpleasent music playing through their ears. None of them seemed to start to crash down the wall between them after Jihyo spat the furious question at him. The girl's glances fixed on him, staying still and their orbs clearly and desperately waiting for an answer from the man who had already changed into a statue, not moving even an inch.

Chaeyoung met their eyes, and he could feel his heart beat faster as it eagerly wanted to jump out of his body. He chuckles a little bit, "I-uhm..." He rubs his nape, the heat surrounding him. He heaves, takes a deep and heavy breath, feels choked out by that question, "That was so tense, you know"

When Nayeon was staring him from head to toe, she caught him gulping his saliva. She shook her head in disbelief that he was their chaeyoung. He had not changed a lot. She turned her gaze away from him. Nothing inappropriate, just her heart happily throbbing more than usual.

"Alright, that's it," Jihyo says sharply, her face flushed with joy. She lifts her butt, signalling to Nayeon and Jeongyeon that it's time to hug him.

Jongyeon stood up in front of him. She sprung his arm wide, but she got no response. She could see in her peripheral vision that the latter would remain silent and stoned. She sighed, "You really don't get it, don't you? Or do you pretend to act like a fool? Maybe you are not the same Son Chaeyoung anymore" She was aware that their paths had not crossed this time, and that Chaeyoung was just stunned at not getting the signal of their hug time. She took the first step, making her way to the distant man.

As Jeongyeon moved, Chaeyoung grabbed her by the hem of her clothes and pulled her back to face him. Chaeyoung couldn't deny it. His cheeks were warm from his previous action, so he was technically avoiding Jeongyeon's eyes as much as possible.

"No. I'm sorry" Chaeyoung said before turning to look at the girls, then lowering his head and tightening his grip, embarrassed. His actions were also caught by Nayeon and Jihyo. They halted their steps, not expecting the younger man to stop them and ask for forgiveness. "I'm sorry for putting this prank on you guys" He let out a bigger laugh after acted like he ignored them and made Jeongyeong pissed off. His laugh echoed throughout the whole room. He clenched his tummy, feeling a little bit of pain for his hard laughter. He was tickled by his own action.

"You, you little bitc......" Jeongyeon couldn't finish her words because Nayeon intruded, "Calm down, Jeongyeon, no cursing" She smoothly slapped Jeongyeon's arm and intertwined their arms together.

"I guess something is fishy over here," Chaeyoung said, loosening his tie and letting a fake cough clear his throat.

"You little pun...." Once again, Jeongyeon was cut off. Nayeon gave another slap on her hand, but this time a little bit harder, making the latter groan. Jeongyeon couldn't help her anger and flicked Chaeyoung's forehead.

"This is for your not so funny joke" Jeongyeon sounds off in satisfaction with her eyes rolling up, leaving Chaeyoung in pain and his lips pouting.

"Welcome back, Son Chaeyoung. Thank you for keeping your promise to come back to us" Jihyo said, curving a smile. A bead of tears of joy streamed down her cheeks and landed on the floor. They all take Chaeyoung into their embraces to brush away the pain of missing the only guy that they have been waiting for all this while and Chaeyoung, of course, he's easily broken  like a fragile glass sometimes, his sobbing now is ear splitting.