7- CANINE TEETH

"Chaeng?" Nayeon appeared in front of Chaeyoung at that precise moment. He tried his best to conceal his perplexity, but it seemed too obvious. "Don't worry about her, she just couldn't control her emotions right now" Nayeon's soft voice said. Chaeyoung realised Nayeon was referring to Mina. He doesn't seem to bother asking any further questions, instead giving Nayeon a warm smile and nod. "Hopefully she'll be fine" Nayeon said, her face concerned. She breathed deeply and stopped herself from verbalising about Mina any farther to Chaeyoung.

The sun sets, twilight is coming. The pale crescent moon now shines like a silvery claw in the pure black night sky. The pure black of the night gives the stars their beauty. The naughty stars are running around the moon, chasing and playing. The stars will hold the moon, and the moon will not be lonely tonight.

But behind the starry night sky, there's a young woman with teary eyes, hugging her kneels,sitting on cold floor and leaning against the wall. Her fingers were clenched around her knees. A dark cloud seemed to hover over her room tonight. She felt the whole world collapsing upon her and as if her heart had been ripped from her body. She cried her heart out, not able to contain the sudden fear and anxiety. Her walls, the walls that hold her up, make her strong, just... collapse. Moment by moment, they fall. Salty drops fall from her chin, drenching her shirt. She pressed her hand against her painful chest.

Momo suddenly barges into her room. She's looking for Mina, who suddenly vanished from their sight in the middle of the practise today. Her mind contained worry about the latter but not knowing what caused Mina's sudden disappearance and fear. The melody of sobbing from the latter played into her ears. She held Mina's chin up and their eyes met. She swept the strand of hair that was covering her best friend's face. "It's okay Mina-yaa, I'm here. Tell me what happened and please stop crying" Momo sighs and pulls Mina into a hug, her hand circling Mina's waist and pushing her head to lean onto her shoulder softly, but no difference. Mina is still sobbing and shivering. She doesn't want to talk either.

"I'm here... I'm here. It's okey Mina-yaa" Momo tries to calm Mina down just like she usually did since the first time Mina sank into her misery pages of life. The other members sometimes also try to comfort her, but Momo is closer to her since they both are from the same country, and Mina talked to Momo initially when she first joined the company. Momo rubs Mina's back nonstop, trying to comfort her and reassuring her existence there, always by Mina's side. Once the sobs were getting slower, Momo helped Mina to stand and tucked Mina into her bed. She stayed there until she was sure that Mina was already falling asleep. She gave a gentle squeeze on the latter hand and planted a kiss on Mina's forehead before walking out of the room.

Once Momo left, Mina's eyes opened slowly, she pretended to fall asleep just now as she didn't want Momo to constantly worry about her. Mina lifts her body and sits on the bed, her back against the headboard. Her mouth agape, she let out a small sigh as she tried to recall what had caused her sudden anxiety. She just couldn't afford and bear to meet someone new, especially when she met with Chaeyoung today and the latter asked her to give him something. She doubts that Chaeyoung would take a chance on her. She knows she shouldn't think like that, but just doesn't want the same thing repeated again. She has done enough. She gathers her strength and wipes her tears away. Her hand was extended to pull out her phone from the side desk. Her finger runs on the screen, starts looking for something, something that has been a sedative for her lately.

She opens the bubble app. It's the kind of app that allows the artists from JYP Entertainment to freely engage and chat with their fans. She keeps scrolling down to the chat from the fans until she found what she's looking for.

From Canine teeth (15th March 2021, 10pm) :

A few years ago, someone talked bad about me, spread a false accusation about me to everyone, and everyone gave me a hideous look when they looked at me, which made me get emotional, most likely starting with an anger issue, followed by hurt and sadness. I almost didn't want to face people, so I locked myself away for a week. I almost committed suicide until my best friends persuaded me and saved me. They said I should know myself better and shouldn't be devastated by lies. I should keep moving on, instead of embracing anxiety as a part of my life, and then letting it go. It may seem that things were hopeless back then, but I now know that there's so much more in store for my future. And of course, I realise that I am indeed a very lucky person. I've been blessed with the most wonderful people in my life, and that includes you, Mina-yaa.