Chapter 2: Stephen Strange

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 2: Stephen Strange ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

The man had short black hair with a few white streaks. He also had ocean blue eyes that had a mix of green in them, and those eyes were focusing on me. I remember him...Stephen, Stephen Strange.

"You..." I trailed off in shock.

"I'm Doctor Strange. I'm the one who performed your operation. I saved your life." He reminded me as he slowly walked towards me.

Everything was coming back to me. I had crash landed on Earth in an attempt to find my father, and now I'm stuck in a hospital. I grimaced. I hated hospitals, they reminded me of...well that day I refused to speak of to anyone. I felt a pang of guilt. I hurt those who were helping me out.

"I hurt those people in the room, didn't I?" I questioned.

I watched as he hesitated, but he nodded. "Yeah....what did you to them?"

I grimaced. "I'm sorry...I didn't think mean to. I didn't remember what happened to me, but now I do."

Stephen remained silent, inspecting me. Once he approached me, he awkwardly placed a hand on my shoulder. He then finally spoke up. "Why don't we return to your room?"

I nodded, remaining silent. To my relief, the room was empty. None of the nurses and doctors that were in the room earlier when I first awoke were there. Stephen moved his hand from my shoulder to my arm, leading me towards the bed. Reluctantly, I climbed back on the bed. I didn't trust anyone here, except Stephen. I didn't know him well, but through the Force, I could feel he was being truthful. He was actually helping me, to save my life. I was alive thanks to him. Stephen let out a sigh, grabbing the IVs that were scattered all across the floor.

"Let's get you hooked with all this again." Stephen advised, though it sounded more like a command. "And don't you dare rip these off again."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I then heard a familiar voice echo in my head. "I didn't teach you to be cold, sarcastic, or snappy towards others, especially those who helped you. This man saved your life."

My breath hitched. It was mom. Despite her being gone, she was still around, giving me advice. Immediately, I responded to her in my head. No, but dad did, when you were gone. Mom quickly replied. "Ro-Ro, you know the reason I couldn't stay. I had the Rebellion and the Senate, they needed all the help they could get. And I couldn't leave you on Alderaan. It wasn't save for you anymore..."

A shiver ran up my spine, remembering that horrid day. I then pushed aside the thoughts though as I took my mom's words into consideration. Maybe she was right.

"I'm sorry, I just don't like hospitals. They remind me of..." I began.

Immediately, I realized my mistake as I was about to give away something from my past, something that I'd never tell anyone about it. That day...it was a horrible day, one I wish I could forget. But it followed me every night when I slept. I couldn't shake it off.

"Remind you of what?" Stephen asked, looking curious.

"None of your business." I shot back.

Stephen narrowed his eyes, letting out a huff. "Fine, don't tell me. I could care less, just stay here in bed and rest. The less problems you give me, the quicker you are out of here."

His words hit me like a blast to the chest. Ouch, that's hurtful. I scoffed. "If you truly didn't care, then you wouldn't have asked in the first place."

Stephen gave me an cold glare with those icy blue eyes of his. He then sneered. "As If. You're just a pain in the ass."

"And you're an even bigger one, douchebag." I rebuked. "Now where's my clothes and my stuff?"