Chapter 49: The Asgardian Professor

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 49:  The Asgardian Professor⍟ ⎊ ⧗

A shiver ran down my spine. What the hell? He then lunged towards us. Lincoln quickly ran towards him, hurling a lightning bolt at the creature. The creature seemed to hold his own against Lincoln, putting up a fight. Daisy and I quickly intervened.

Daisy extended out her hand. She quaked the creature, while I sent a gust of ice by taking breath, blowing him back. All three of us managed to send the creature stumbling back. The creature inspected Daisy and me, tilting his head. He then tried running back towards us, when Mack intervened, firing several shots from his I.C.E.R. gun.

The creature stumbled back before turning towards the wall. With his hand, he created a blue portal, which tore a hole in the wall. Daisy, Mack, and I exchanged looks, completely baffled. I'm still trying to wrap my head over what we just faced.

"We'll have to hit this thing with everything we've got." Daisy advised as she helped Lincoln off the floor.

"And I need a bigger gun, I guess. Or my ax. Or maybe a shotgun-ax combination of some sort." Mack mentioned.

I grinned. "That would be pretty handy."

We then watched as Daisy and Lincoln walked through the giant hole in the wall. Mack raised his hands in the air.

"Oh, we going in here? Yeah, that makes sense." Mack quipped, sarcastically.

I shrugged. "Well, it's not like we have another choice."

We then made our way through the hole and into the hallway, which was empty. The place had become quiet, too quiet. I didn't like this one bit. I could feel my heart hammering against my chest as my nerves grew. I glanced around, inspecting every corner of the area. We then saw the creature emerge from behind us, knocking Mack back against the wall. Lincoln sent a bolt of lightning towards the creature, while Daisy extended her hand out, quaking him. I then stepped in, hurling a huge wave of flames. All three of us slowly pushed the creature back with our abilities.

However, he held on, slapping a hand to the ground to hold on. We then watched as he slowly climbed back up onto his feet, slowly making his way towards us. My eyes widened as my heart dropped in horror. How was this even possible? This is...Inhuman. We need to take out the ground from underneath him. It's the only way the creature won't reach us. Daisy seemed to have the same idea as me as she lowered her hands towards the ground. I quickly did the same, causing the ground to shake and tremble until it finally collapsed, taking the creature down with the rubble. We quickly followed the debris and the trail of destruction ended at the back of the hospital, where a hole lied on the wall, leading to outside. My heart dropped. Damn, he escaped to who knows where. Now we have a murderer on the lose.

"He's gone!" Mack pointed out.

All of the sudden, we heard a male voice ring out. "Contain the alien threats at all costs. Use lethal force if necessary."

My stomach churned. That is not good. We have to go and now or we will face bigger problems. If they see Daisy and me, they will not hesitate to kill us.

"Come with us. We'll keep you safe. Your life is in danger." Daisy advised, turning to face Lincoln.

"My life is in ruins." Lincoln shot back.

He then ran off, devastating Daisy and me. This is not how we wanted things to go. Daisy was about to go after him, shouting his name, but I stopped her, grabbing her by the arm.

"Daisy, stop. We have to let him go." I urged.

"Aurora's right. He's on his own. We got to get you out of here. They're hunting you and Aurora, too." Mack warned. "Come on. Let's go."