Chapter 48: The Mysterious Creature

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 48: The Mysterious Creature⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"Not if you did your part." Daisy pointed out.

Coulson then made his way over towards the computer screens near us in the room, throwing up a picture of a woman he snapped while inconspicuously at the scene, watching as she arrived after we left with Joey.  

"How did it feel to join the paparazzi, Phil?" Daisy quipped. 

"Yeah, welcome to the club." I teased.

"I think I might have missed my calling. I have every body, every piece of software tasked with identifying that woman so we can figure out where she's taking Inhumans and what exactly she plans to do with them." Coulson informed us.

Whatever it is...it can't be anything good. Once we reached the Playground, the containment module with Joey was dropped into one of the rooms Fitz, Aurora, and I built to keep Inhumans inside, all while protecting them from themselves and others as the room was made of the same material as the containment module.

Meanwhile, I walked alongside Coulson towards his office with Hunter trailing behind us, informing us of what he knew. Hunter and Bobbi were once again not on speaking terms. I honestly can't keep track of their relationship. First they were at each other's throats, then they couldn't keep their hands off each other, then they stopped talking to one another, and after Grant and Kara kidnapped Bobbi and tortured her, Hunter stayed by her side.

But now neither one will talk to each other once again, refusing to be in the same room as each other. It was frustrating to watch.

"They're not Hydra. You know, I've been digging, and my street sources tell me Hydra's gone silent, eerily silent, yes, but..." Hunter informed us.

Coulson nodded, finishing his sentence. "Yeah, the Hydra finances we track are static. No money's changing hands."

"And by the looks of the hardware these gung-ho nutters are using, they're well-funded." Hunter pointed out.

"So if this woman's not Hydra, what is she?" I questioned.

At that moment, we reached Coulson's office, where Mack was. On the screen, we saw the face of the woman Coulson took a picture of with four different files, each one contained a different name such as Sarah Russell, Margaret Campbell, Samantha Potter, and Jane Thompson.

"Everything else. I mean, look at this...two years CIA..." Mack pointed out.

But this had to be false, right? She has four different files all with different identities. The woman even has different haircuts in all of them, with one even having glasses. Not to mention she had different fashion style in each one.

"Is that MI6?" Hunter asked as his eyes lit up.

Mack nodded. "Yeah, under which time, she was consulting with the CDC, apparently."

"All under different aliases." I pointed out.

"Oh, I like her." Hunter revealed.

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to track down someone like this? We can't look everywhere." Mack pointed out.

"If we can trace that hardware, that could give us a place to start." Coulson ordered, turning to face Hunter. "Take that down to Bobbi in the lab. Have the team analyze it."

Hunter looked horrified, shaking his head. "Oh, no, no, no. I'm...I'm...not going anywhere near Bobbi."

I mentally groaned. Oh come on, Hunter. Coulson furrowed his brows, looking over at Mack and me.