Chapter 26: Lady Sif & The Kree

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 26: Lady Sif & The Kree⍟ ⎊ ⧗

All of the sudden, his phone rang. He quickly picked it up, answering in a heartbeat. "Bobbi, anything?" 

After a short pause, Coulson spoke again. "Well, we know he needs nitrogen, and they use it in hospitals to power surgical equipment. Let's start there."

With that, we returned to Bus. I called Stephen as I walked around the hangar bay. In a matter of seconds, Stephen's voice rang out. "Ari, hey."

"Stephie, hey." I greeted back. "How's work."

"Busy as usual." He replied. "But my day is now better that you called."

His words tugged at my heartstrings. He always knew what to say. A smile grew on my face as I responded. "Aww, I'm glad to hear your voice. It's been a long week."

"What happened?" He asked.

I then let out a shaky sigh. "...I'll tell you everything when I see you in person, but it's been a shit show."

"That bad?" He inquired.

"Very. A friend of mine who I've known since I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. died. His name is....was Trip." I informed him. "He died trying to save Astra, Skye, and me..."

"Oh Aurora, I'm so sorry. That's awful." He replied, trying to comfort me.

"It was my fault." I began.

"Don't you dare." Stephen warned, cutting me off. "Don't torture yourself with this. I may have not been there, but I do know that you are way too hard on yourself."

He was right. I am way too hard on myself, but how could I not be? I was raised as a Princess of Alderaan, as an Organa, a Stark, all those things mixed together into one was difficult. I rubbed the back of my neck. How would I change that?

"Ari, darling, please don't be that way. You shouldn't be hard on yourself. There is only so much you can do, even if you are from a different galaxy, you're still human. So please go easy on yourself. If not for you, then do it for me, please." He urged.

I was taken back upon hearing his words. He was one of the few people who saw me for me and not as someone entirely different. Usually when humans from Earth, Terrans discovered that I wasn't from here, they'd freak out and not the good kind. However, there was a handful of people who saw me as more than that, including Stephen. He knew all too well, realizing I had a soft spot for him.

"For you, I'll do it." I assured him.

Even though I couldn't see his face, I had a feeling he was smiling as he responded. "Thank you, Ari. That's all I ask."

I then heard voices from the other side of the line. Stephen said something to whoever was talking to him. After that, he let out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry, Aurora, I have to go."

"Don't worry about it. I understand. I've got to go anyways too. I'm in the middle of a mission." I mentioned.

"Oooh, anything interesting?" He asked.

"Well, Thor's friend, an Asgardian is here, so it's definitely interesting." I confirmed.

"You are definitely telling me everything later." Stephen advised, sounding excited. "I'll call you later."

"Sounds like a plan." I confirmed. "Take care."

"That's my line." He joked, letting out a chuckle. "And I will. You take care of yourself, too."

"I will." I assured him.

With that, we hung up. Not long after we had returned to the Bus, Astra, and Bobbi returned. Bobbi was hurt, so she was sent to the lab, where Jemma inspected her. Apparently they came face to face with the man Sif fought.