Chapter 40: The Consequences of Our Actions

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 40: The Consequences of Our Actions⍟ ⎊ ⧗

At that moment, we felt a gust of wind. Wanda was scooped up by Pietro and they fled in a heartbeat. We heard Pietro yell out. "Keep up, old man!"

I snickered, earning a side glare from Clint. He then raised his bow in the direction Pietro had taken. He then spoke up. "Nobody would know."

"No one." I confirmed, having his back.

"The last I saw him, an Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard." Clint continued though he lowered his bow and arrow. "I miss him already."

I snickered, quite amused. He secretly cares about him. We quickly rushed over towards Steve, Natasha, Astra, Argos, and Hulk, who were in the middle of the city, fighting off the robots. More robots appeared as we reached them. I noticed a robot try to sneak up behind Steve.

"Steve, duck!" I warned.

He quickly crouched down, and I swung my lavender bladed lightsaber, impaling the robot in the head. I then used the Force, bringing my lightsaber back in my hand, turning it off and slipping it back around my belt.

"Aurora, get down!" Steve exclaimed.

I quickly crouched down, allowing Steve to throw his shield at a robot behind me. I spun around, grabbing Steve's shield that was impaled in the robot. I felt a pricking sensation in the back of my head. I whipped around seeing a robot fire a blast at me. I hastily used the shield, protecting myself. As the robot flew towards me, I used the shield in my right hand and ignited my icy blue lightsaber in my left hand.

As he swung his arm at me, I raised Steve's shield, blocking its attack. In one quick and swift movement, I swung my lightsaber, plunging the blade into its chest. Immediately, the robot collapsed onto the ground right in front of me. Another robot lunged towards me, I used the Force to push it back before tossing the shield back to Steve, who was running towards me. He caught it before lunging up in the air, slamming his shield down on the robot's head, knocking it onto the ground.

"Nice job." Steve praised.

"Thanks. You didn't do so bad yourself." I replied, giving him a smirk.

Steve let out a huff, but looked a bit amused. "Really? That's all I get."

"As a Stark I say that might be the best compliment you might ever get from a Stark." Astra's voice rang out.

"It's true." Dad confirmed in our comms.

Steve shook his head, letting out a sigh. "Starks..."

"Cass, what's the status on the core?" I questioned, contacting Cass.

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch them, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow." Cass warned.

I grimaced. Damn...The spire is Vibranium, but maybe if we can get Thor to hit it could crack, but who knows it it'll be enough. I bit my lip. How would we get out of this predicament? Smoke began to rise, covering the entire city, preventing us from seeing anything. We knew it was far from over though. There would be another wave coming. Flames engulfed cars that were tossed around the streets. I grimaced. There was so much damage.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute. What do you got, Stark?" Steve asked, glancing over at me.

"Huh? Nothing great." Dad's voice rang out.

"Neither do I..." I chimed in. "Maybe a way to blow up the city."

"Yeah, I thought of the same way. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get clear." Dad added, having the same thought as me.