Chapter 34: First Mission With the Avengers

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 34: First Mission With the Avengers⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Astra and I were quickly informed by Coulson to leave immediately. He would cover for us, letting the team know where we were at. So while Astra headed straight to the Avenger Tower, I went to the hospital. Astra would cover for me while I would spend some time with Stephen. I grabbed his favorite drink and pastry before heading to the hospital. As soon as I entered, I saw Christine. She gave me a smile as I approached her.

"Hey Christine." I greeted.

"Hey Aurora." She greeted back. "Busy?"

"You have no idea. What about you?" I questioned.

Christine gave me a nod, looking tired as she let out a sigh. "You have no idea. Stephen's in his office by the way. He just finished a surgery."

"How did you know I was here for him?" I inquired, surprised.

"Believe me, I know. Besides, you have that with you." Christine mentioned, referring to the coffee and the bag with Stephen's pastry in my hands.

I wore a sheepish smile. I've become predictable, haven't I? It wasn't a bad thing though, not when it came to Stephen. I gave her a thank you before making my way to Stephen's office. As soon as I reached his door, I gave a knock. It wasn't just any knock, but it became my signature knock I'd used with him. That knock was one I used during the war back home to let the others in the Rebellion that it was me. Stephen quickly recognized my knock, opening the door immediately. He was in his usual scrubs with his dark hair combed to the side. His ocean blue eyes lit up when he saw me as a smile grew on his face.

"Delivery for Doctor Strange." I said, handing him his pastry and drink.

Stephen's smile widened as he took the coffee and small bag. "Thank you. Does the delivery woman want to come in?"

I cracked a smile. "I'd love that."

With that, I followed Stephen into his office. It was the same as the last time I was here, I sat in a chair across from Stephen's desk. Stephen sat behind his desk.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing here I thought you were at that place with people of different powers?" Stephen asked, perplexed.

"I came from the headquarters of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hydra took one of my new friends from the place I told you about. The Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. sent Astra and me here because we have a mission with the Avengers. That's all I can say." I informed him.

Stephen stared at me in awe. "Wait, so you're an Avenger now?"

"Yep." I confirmed. "So you're now dating an Avenger now."

Stephen cracked a smile. "How fortunate for me. How long do I have you for this time?"

"I'm afraid not long." I mentioned.

"Then we should make the most of it. Why don't we spend the rest of the afternoon at my penthouse?" He offered.

My smile widened. "I'd be happy to. But what about your work?"

"Don't worry. It's been a slow day. I can afford to take the rest of the day off." He assured me.

So with that, I followed Stephen out of his office and into the parking lot, where his car was. He immediately opened the passenger seat for me. He never failed to pull at my hearstrings with small actions like this.

"Thank you, my knight in shining scrubs." I quipped, sliding down in the seat.

I watched as Stephen quirked a small smile, shaking his head as he closed my door. Once he was in the car, he turned on the car, trying to hide the smile I saw upon hearing my words. I wore a smug smile.