Chapter 19: The First Date

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 19: The First Date⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Astra informed me that they arrested Valentino Ferrari and he was now being transferred from S.H.I.E.L.D. to the U.S. military. Coulson gave me some time off, but Astra warned me to be prepared with an explanation, which made me have a bad feeling of what to expect. I was back in the Avengers Tower in my room, preparing for tonight.

Tonight was my first official date night with Stephen, who is my boyfriend. I wore an elegant black dress, matching heels, my necklace from my home planet Alderaan, and my charm bracelet that I refused to take off. I slightly curled my hair and did my makeup as usual. Once I was finished, Jarvis's voice rang out.

"Agent Romanoff is at the door." He informed me.

"Thank you, Jarvis." I said.

I then opened the door, allowing Natasha to enter. She wore an amused look as she noticed me all dressed up. I mentally groaned. Oh here we go, and this time it'll be worse as I am now officially dating Stephen.

"Someone's all dressed up." Natasha pointed out. "Have a date tonight?"

I then felt a pricking sensation coming from the back of my head. Someone was here, in the room, hiding. Before I could find where he was, Jarvis's voice rang out. "And Agent Barton is in the vents, Miss Stark."

I snickered, turning towards the vents. For the past few days, I had an intense game of paintball assassin. Steve was the first one out, not that he cared anyways. He was more than happy to leave, so now Clint, dad, Natasha, and I were the only ones left.

"Nice try, Hawkman. You're going to have to try harder than that." I teased.

"Ha, ha, ha. Very clever wordplay, Rory." Clint retorted. "But soon enough, I'll take the title as victor."

"Not so fast, Clint. It's not just me, a Jedi and trained agent you gotta kill, but my dad, and Natasha as well." I reminded him.

"And when the time comes, I'll take you all out." Natasha retorted. "It'll be when you all least expect it, so be prepared."

"Dream on, Nat." I said. "And for the record, I do have a date tonight."

"Oooh, whoever could it be?" Clint inquired with a grin, though he already knew who my date was.

"Could it be the surgeon she claims to be just friends with?" Natasha chimed in, teasing me.

"Yes, it's Stephen, and he is my friend. Well, now he's not just a friend." I clarified.

"You're dating him?!" Natasha exclaimed, looking excited. "Oh Aurora, I'm so happy!"

"We're both happy, but just know if he breaks your heart, we have your back." Clint assured me.

"Yeah, we know where to hide a body." Natasha chimed in.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Right. Okay as much as I appreciate the sentiment, let's not have that talk with Stephen. He wouldn't break my heart."

Natasha wore an amused look as she raised an eyebrow. "Defending him? Hmm, you must definitely have it bad for him."

I could feel my cheeks heating up from the embarrassment. I need to get out of here now before I still can. With that, I excused myself, making my way out of the Avengers Tower to find Stephen in his car not far from the Tower. Once I approached the car opened, revealing Stephen. He was well dressed in a suit, with his hair nearly combed to the side. His eyes lit up as smile grew on his face. My heart fluttered. He looked so handsome. Stephen held out a bouquet of burgundy roses.

"You look beautiful." He commented.

His words tugged at my heartstrings, causing me to smile. "Thanks. You look quite handsome yourself."