Chapter 41: The New Avengers

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 41: The New Avengers⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"Thank you, honey." I said.

"You're welcome." He replied. A smirk then grew on his face. "You know that's the second Stark I've saved."

I let out a snort. "You wanna prize?"

His smirk grew. "Yes, and I know exactly what I want."

I raised my eyebrow, quite amused. "Oh really? And what is that?"

"Stay a day with me at my place. We can do whatever you like." He suggested.

He gave me puppy eyes, a look I couldn't refuse. He had me wrapped around his finger. A grin grew on my face. I had already caved in, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun.

"Anything?" I questioned.

Stephen seemed to grow uneasy, but nevertheless he nodded. "Anything."

"Well, you've convinced me, Doctor Strange." I mentioned.

"Then it's a date. And listen whatever happens, I will be here." He assured me.

My heart warmed at his words. Oh Stephen. He always knew what to say. I wrapped my arms around Stephen, pulling him into my embrace. His arms enveloped around me as his chin rested on my head. I remained in his arms, feeling all my nerves and worries leave me. After everything I had been through, I knew two things that were certain, I am utterly in love with Stephen Strange and he is my home. I am home.

°☆゚. * ・ 。゚°☆゚. * ・ 。゚°☆゚. * ・ 。゚

After about several hours, I finally received news of Argos. He was finally stabilized, but he was resting, which meant I couldn't visit him, not yet. However, it was a relief to know he would be all right. Currently, I was in the passenger seat of Stephen's car, while he drove. Stephen looked over at me.

"Where's your mind at, princess?" Stephen asked. "You look like your miles away or light-years away."

I snorted. "Very funny. Nothing, I'm here with you. Just enjoying the moment."

I extended a hand out towards his hand that rested on the arm rest that separated Stephen and me. He kept one hand on the steering wheel, while his other hand intertwined with mine. A smile appeared on his face.

"You're a terrible liar." He replied.

"What? Am not. I am a spy, I happen to be one of best liars ever." I protested.

"So you admit you were lying?" Stephen asked, raising an eyebrow.

I stared at him in disbelief. Did he seriously use one of my spy tactics against me? Stephen wore a smug look, glancing over at me, waiting for a response.

"I hate you." I retorted.

Despite my words, I kept my hand intertwined with his. A smirk grew on his face as he responded. "No you don't."

He was right. I definitely did not hate him. On the contrary, I love him. It was something I never uttered out loud or said to anyone, not even to my dad...and not even to my mom. I regret it every single day. Before she went off on that suicide mission on Scarif, we argued. It was over something silly, something I don't even remember. I still remember her last words to me before she left on the mission.

"I am proud of the woman you have become, Aurora. I am proud of both my daughters. You both have hearts of gold and are stronger, smarter, braver, kinder, and noble than I could have ever hoped for. You both will make great leaders. I know I haven't told you this so often, but I love you very much. I love you more than all the galaxies across the universe. You and Astra mean everything to me."