Chapter 36: Ultron

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 36: Ultron⍟ ⎊ ⧗

"We got to do whatever it takes to protect our planet. Something big is coming. I know it." I protested. "The team won't understand."

"And you and dad happen to be the ones who understand?" Astra questioned, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yes, I saw something that terrified, a vision, that will come to fruition." I retorted. "The Empire wasn't the only threat out there. More threats are out in this galaxy, and we can't take them all on by ourselves. We need this artifical intelligence to help protect Earth. We need Ultron."

Astra let out a sigh, shaking her head. "I can't believe this..."

Dad immediately intervened, placing a hand on one Astra's shoulders, giving her a pleading look. "Astra, please, listen to us. If there was a chance to save Earth from destruction?"

"That's exactly what mom did when there was a chance to strike back at the Empire. But instead of putting more lives in danger, we would be saving lives, using artifical intelligence instead." I stated.

Astra caved in, letting out a sigh. "Oh all right, but if the team finds out and I mean when, 'cause believe me they will, I know nothing, got it?"

"And we wouldn't expect anything less from you." Dad said with a proud smile.

"All right, we can begin. I just need to call Stephen and tell him about the party." I mentioned.

Dad groaned. "Ugh, I forgot about him."

"He is a good man." I protested, defending him. "Give him a chance, dad."

Dad hesistated, letting out a sigh. "Fine, one chance. But if I don't like him, it's not on me."

I knew that's the closest I would get to my dad to work with me. With that in mind, I accepted his offer. "Deal."

With that, I made my way out of the room, calling Stephen. After a few rings, his voice rang out from the other end of the line. "Ari, hey, did everything go well?"

He sounded worried, but I understood why. It had been a few days since I had contacted him. The mission had gone longer than I had anticipated. Immediately, I answered. "Everything went well. We're all in one piece."

Stephen let out a sigh. "Good."

"I was also calling because I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party at the Avengers Tower? It's on Sunday, and all the Avengers will be here." I informed him.

"Even your father?" Stephen asked, sounding hesistant.

"Yeah, but he's willing to give you a chance. You'll be fine, just be yourself, mention your work and your project that will save countless lives, and I know he will come around." I assured him.

"Oh, Aurora, I would love to, but I've got a dinner for the American Neurological Association. I'm set to speak." He mentioned. "I was going to ask you to come with me..."

My heart clenched. Oh Stephen...Had I known, I would've talked to my dad to move the party to another day. We both grew silent, realizing we both had plans for that day. No matter, this was not the end. This was just a small setback. I will attend another one one of his dinners, especially as I knew how much it meant to him.

"Don't worry, the next time you have a dinner, I will be there. I promise." I reassured him.

Stephen let out a sigh, sounding relieved and relaxed. "Good. That sounds like a deal."

"Perfect. And hey, next time we have a party or get together, you should come." I advised. "You should meet my dad. I think you two get along just well."