Chapter 14: Arguments & Surprise Visits

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 14: Arguments & Surprise Visits⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Coulson then opened up, telling us how he was saved by the same serum that was injected into my bloodstream. That serum came from from a Kree, an alien race from somewhere in this galaxy. To many agents, the serum made them insane, causing them to carve strange markings. Turns out those same engravings were the exact ones Hydra and the Calliope Corporation had.

Now we know what the Calliope Corporation is truly after. What if they teamed up without us knowing? My words backtracked though to the serum. I looked down at my arms. I had Kree blood running through my veins. My heart clenched. Did this mean I would turn crazy as well? The entire hallway was silent, so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

"Can someone say something?" Coulson questioned. "Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? No one?"

"This is a lot to take in." Astra stated.

"A lot is an understatement." I scoffed. "Why didn't you tell me anything before, Coulson?"

Coulson grimaced. "I'm sorry, I should've. But with you seeing you know who, I was afraid something like this would make you think twice about rejoining S.H.I.E.L.D."

Oh Coulson...it would take a whole lot more than that for me to refuse. I owe a lot to Coulson. Before I could say anything though, Stephen intervened, looking furious. "Of course she would have second thoughts about joining S.H.I.E.L.D. again, Aurora could've killed, all because of this serum."

"You are more than welcome to leave, Doctor. What we're discussing is classified." Coulson shot back.

I understand them both. Stephen was furious, but because he was right, I could've died. To be honest, my heart warmed at the thought of Stephen defending me, even if I didn't need it. It still felt nice to know he had my back. As for Coulson, he was now the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. He had the weight of the entire organization. He didn't know Stephen, so it was understandable that he say that. Besides, he wasn't exactly an agent, but surely Coulson could cut him some slack. Stephen did save my life. Without thinking twice, I stood in between Stephen and Coulson, placing a hand on Stephen's chest.

"Coulson, he saved my life." I reminded him. "Besides, you can trust him."

Coulson and Stephen stared at each other, not backing down until finally Coulson looked back at me. His shoulders slumped as he huffed. "Fine...Is he your boyfriend?"

I was taken back, not expecting him to say anything of the sort. Immediately, I spoke up. However, at the same time, Stephen blurted out. "We're not dating."

I grimaced, realizing this wouldn't look good to the others. Damn it, Stephen. Why did you have to say anything this time? Sure enough Coulson and Astra gave us amused looks, not believing us. Astra smirked, crossing her arms as she responded. "Uh-huh, sure you aren't."

"Wait, what do you mean seeing you know who?" Astra added, looking puzzled. "What did Coulson mean by that?"

I grimaced. But I knew I couldn't hide this from her. She'd find out anyways. If she wouldn't keep pestering me, then my sister would find another way to get the information.  

"I saw Ward back at the base. He's a prisoner in one of the cells of the base." I explained.

Astra's eyes widened. "What?!"

"It's a lot to explain, but I promise to tell you everything later." I assured her.

"You better or I'll track you down, and bombard you with questions until you tell me everything." Astra warned.

Well, at least she didn't mention the blackmail file, which sounded terrible saying out loud. However, everyone in the family had something embarrassing on another family member that they didn't want getting out. To us it was normal.