Chapter 28: The Secret's Out

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 28: The Secret's Out ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Once I was out of the Cocoon, I took a short detour to one of my homes, the mansion in New York. This was the place where dad grew up, but as soon as he was old enough, he refused to go back. So he gave me the mansion as a present, while he gave his penthouse in New York that once belonged to his father to Astra as a gift. As soon as I reached the gate, I punched in the code. The gate immediately opened, allowing me in. Inside the gate just outside the mansion, there was a lawn and a driveway. Once I was inside, I took out my phone, calling Stephen. In a matter of seconds, he answered.

"Hey Ari. I was worried when you hadn't sent anything." He greeted.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. But I am all right. As a matter of fact, I'm in New
I was wondering if you wanted to do something this afternoon?" I questioned.

"You're here!" He exclaimed. "Of course! I can finally show you my penthouse. I'll pick you up at two."

"Sounds perfect. I can't wait, Stephie. I'll text you my location." I said. "I'll see you then."

"See you then." He replied.

As soon as I hung up, I let out an excited squeal. I quickly made my way towards my room, looking through my wardrobe. I have to pick something perfect for this occasion. I continued to rummage through my clothes, grumbling under my breath. At that moment, I heard Jarvis's voice ring out.

"Miss Stark, you sound distressed. Is there anything I can do to help?" He questioned.

"Thank you, Jarvis. But I've got it under control. Let me know if I get any calls while I'm away." I mentioned.

"Of course." He confirmed.

With that in mind, I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a cute flower blouse that was shoulderless and had long sleeves, a pair of ankle boots, a purse, and I applied some light makeup as fast as I could. Once two in the afternoon arrived, I made my way out to the gate, where Stephen stood not far from his car, waiting for me. He wore a pair of blue jeans, a gray jacket, and a white shirt. He had his hair neatly combed to the side. Stephen always managed to look handsome no matter what. He held a bouquet of roses in his hand. As soon as he saw me, his greenish bluish eyes lit up.

"Hey, princess. You look beautiful." He greeted.

"Thanks, honey. You look pretty handsome yourself." I replied.

I thought I saw a slight blush on Stephen's cheeks. But it was nothing compared to his smug smile as he responded. "I'll never get tired of you saying that. But thank you, darling."

I rolled my eyes, but a smile found its way on my lips. Once I slipped out of the gate, Stephen leaned in to give me a kiss. Immediately, I closed my eyes. In a matter of seconds, I felt his lips against mine, and I felt the same sparks when I first kissed him. It felt like I was floating, soaring up in the sky. I'll never get tired of this feeling. Once we pulled away, he then handed me the bouquet of roses.

"Roses for my Rosie." Stephen announced.

His words pulled at my heartstrings. No one's ever said that. How clever and sweet of him. I cracked a smile, standing on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. Immediately, a wide smile appeared on Stephen's face.

"Thanks, Stephie." I said. "That's sweet of you."

Stephen wore a sheepish smile. "Well, only the best for you."

His eyes then fell on something in my hair. Before I could say a word though, Stephen raised a hand, running his fingers through my hair until he held up a strand of golden blonde hair that was located on one of the sides of my head like Stephen with his silver strands.