Chapter 53: Lash

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 53: Lash ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Once we got in the Zephyr, Coulson, Astra, Mack, and me made our way to Baltimore, Maryland, cloaking the plane before getting into one of the S.U.V.s. We arrived outside an apartment, and standing by the stairs was Price and Banks, wearing his usual uniform of black and white camouflage with an ear piece and a vest. Reluctantly, Astra, Daisy, Mack, and I climbed out of the car.

"Look who's here." Daisy groaned.

"If it isn't Nigel Uno." I quipped.

Mack, Daisy, and Coulson turned to face me, looking confused. Astra let out a snicker. Oh come on, please tell me at least Daisy knows what I'm talking about. That was such a good show. I remember that was how I was first interested in becoming a spy.

"Nigel Uno a.k.a. Numbuh 1?" I questioned, earning a baffled look from Daisy, Mack, and Coulson. "Kids Next Door?"

Mack shook his head. "I forget how young you are."

Coulson cracked a smile, but his eyes look stern as he turned to face me. "Be nice."

"No promises." I retorted.

With that, we approached Price and Banks, Price immediately greeted Coulson. "Coulson."

"Ms. Price." Coulson greeted back. "See? Called you first this time."

"Very nice of you." Price retorted.

"Signs of life inside?" Coulson questioned.

"All quiet. Perimeter's locked up." Banks informed us.

"Once the threat's contained, our holding facility is prepped to take him." Price mentioned.

"I'd like to see that sometime, make sure you're not going all Guantanamo." Daisy retorted.

"Oh, well, that can be arranged, as long as I can get something in return, like a visit to your secret base or maybe a ride on that fancy new plane?" Price shot back.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She's starting to get on my nerves. I took a deep breath, clenching my fists. Astra noticed as she placed a hand on my shoulder to try and help me, but I didn't forget what she told me yesterday, so I shrugged my shoulder, tearing away from her touch.

"You know that door won't open itself, right?" Mack reminded us.

I rolled my eyes. Let's just get this over with. We made our way towards the doors. Daisy extended out her hands, quaking the doors open, while at the same time I sent a gust of wind to open the doors. Mack and Banks stood at the front of the doors, carrying a pistol and rifle. As soon as the doors were open, Daisy, Astra, and I led with Mack, Banks, and an entire task force of A.T.C.U. agents behind us. We split up, heading in different directions. Daisy, Astra, and I made our way into one of the rooms.

The room contained several computer monitors, a keyboard, and a husk lying on the ground. This
is an Inhuman cocoon. He's definitely Inhuman. We then heard noises coming from the closet. The three of us exchanged a look before nodding. We then slowly made our way towards the closet, prepared for anything. As soon as Daisy kicked the door open, we saw a man, Dwight Frye, sitting on the ground, trembling in fear. Well, I wasn't expecting this...

"Hey. Hey. It's okay." Daisy assured him.

"We're not here to hurt you." Astra chimed in.

"We're here to help." I added.

"Please, get out, please..." Dwight whispered as he continued to tremble, burying his face in his hands.

I don't understand. Why would he want us to get out. Daisy didn't seem to hear him as she leaned in. "What? I...I can't hear you. What did you say?"