Chapter 31: Training

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 31: Training ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Lincoln noticed the grim looks on our faces and immediately changed the subject. "Why don't we get you some food."

With that, we followed Lincoln through endless buildings, finding a cafeteria, which was filled with tables and chairs, where a few people sitting down, eating and talking. This place reminded me of the cafeteria back at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academies, although it was more spacious, had more food options, and well, a food court at one of the Academies. We then grabbed bowls of popcorn and followed Lincoln out, following him into his room.

"Well, it's not pizza, but at least it's not kale, which seems to be the only food they serve around here." Lincoln commented.

"Can you warm up food with your powers? Because that would be awesome." Skye mentioned.  

"I have never tried, but I did warm up a small pool once." Lincoln informed us.

"Any five year old can warm up a pool." Skye quipped, earning chuckles from Astra, Lincoln and me.

"What about you? Come on. I showed you mine. Now you show me yours." Lincoln suggested.

"And you'll teach me to control it?" Skye inquired.

"Once I know what we're dealing with, a guide will be selected to help each of you master your abilities." Lincoln explained.

"How long does it take to learn, to control it?" I questioned.

"That depends on the gift, how much you've physically changed. You three are a piece of cake, compared to the other one, total physical transformation, and we still have no idea what her gift is." Lincoln revealed.

Wait, what? The other one? That meant Raina was here. Lincoln lied to us. All this time, she was here. I'm getting to get to the bottom of this immediately.

"You told us that Aurora, Astra, and I were the only ones." I began.

Lincoln immediately looked over at me, baffled. "What?"

"You said that the three of us were the first people to transition here in a really long time." Skye explained.

Looks like she caught on as well. Lincoln hastily responded, trying to fix what he said, shaking his head. "That's not what I meant."

Astra scoffed. "She is here."

"You lied to me. To all of us." Skye added.

"I said there's no one here who will harm you, and that's true. She's on her own path, just like you three. She's having a rough transition and deserves the same care." Lincoln protested.

"People died because of her. Where is she?" Skye inquired.

With that, she stormed over towards the door. I understood that Raina was not entirely a good person, but marching over to her room when our people were protecting here might not be a good thing. Lincoln quickly stood in front of Skye, stopping her.

"Skye. We need to protect her, the same way we protect you, Astra, and Aurora. She is one of us." Lincoln insisted.

"I am not what she is." Skye shot back, clenching her fists.

All of the sudden, the entire room began to tremble. We all glanced over at Skye to see this was her doing.

"Get out of my way, Lincoln. You know I can't control this." Skye warned.

With that, Skye shoved Lincoln to the side before running out to find Raina. We quickly followed Skye to see Raina in another room. Raina was sitting down, hiding behind a dark hooded cloak.