Chapter 39: Battle of Sokovia

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 39: Battle of Sokovia ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Bruce seemed to know what we were thinking as he immediately spun around to face us, giving us a warning look. "No."

"You have to trust us." I advised.

"Kind of don't." Bruce retorted.

"Which we get. It's understandable, but just hear us out." I persisted.

"Our ally, the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes, we found him." Dad chimed in.

He then threw up a hologram of Jarvis, which baffled Bruce. Jarvis greeted him. "Hello, Dr. Banner."

"Ultron didn't go after Jarvis because he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do." I informed Bruce.

"So Jarvis went underground. Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols." Dad explained, chiming in. "He didn't even know he was in there until we pieced him together."

Bruce scoffed. "So, you want me to help you put Jarvis into this thing?"

"No! Of course not. Aurora and I wanna help you put Jarvis in this thing." Dad corrected, causing Bruce to shake his head. "We're out of my field, here. You know bio-organics better than anyone."

"And you just assume that Jarvis's operational matrix can beat Ultron's?" Bruce questioned.

"Jarvis has been beating him from inside without knowing it. This is the opportunity." Dad clarified. "We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality."

"Bruce, we have to do. We need this to protect Earth." I advised.

"I believe it's worth a go." Jarvis agreed.

Bruce threw his arms up in the air. "I'm in a loop! I'm caught in a time loop. This is exactly where it all went wrong."

"I know. know what everyone's gonna say. But they're already saying it. We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. We've gotta own it." Dad announced, placing a hand on Bruce's shoulder. "Make a stand. It's not a loop."

"It's the end of the line." I added.

We watched as Bruce hesistated, looking back down at the Cradle. After a few moments, he seemed to cave in, letting out a sigh. "All right, let's do this."

Dad and I exchanged grins before high-fiving each other. All right. It's time to get this going. Dad, Bruce, and I quickly got to work. Bruce plugged in the Cradle to our computers, uploading the remains of Jarvis into the Cradle. However, the framework wasn't compatible, which was frustrating as the genetic coding tower was at ninety-seven percent. We have to work fast and do this now before we lose our window.

"This framework is not compatible." Dad mentioned.

"The genetic coding tower is at ninety-seven percent." I warned.

"You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes." Bruce advised.

However, we were interrupted by Steve, who arrived with Astra, Wanda, Pietro, and Argos. I was taken back to see the three of them. What the hell? What are those three doing here? Steve wore a furious look, glaring at us.

"I'm gonna say this once." Steve began.

"How about none-ce?" Dad retorted.

"Shut it down!" Steve snapped.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Dad denied.

"You don't know what you're doing." Astra intervened, giving us a sympathetic smile.