Chapter 13: Keep Fighting

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 13: Keep Fighting ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Once Coulson and the rest of team found out about Aurora, they all quickly worked together to get the chamber over to the hospital. As soon as the chamber arrived, Stephen, Christine, Astra, Skye, and Trip all worked together to put Aurora inside. Stephen and Christine resecting what they could, but the damage was still too much, prohibiting them from continuing with the procedure. Astra, Coulson, Trip, and Skye continued to wait in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting any news of any updates on Aurora. However, nothing changed. Stephen grew frustrated as he looked at endless articles and research papers on his tablet in an attempt to save Aurora. He sat in a chair next to Aurora, who lied in the chamber in one of the many hospital guest rooms. Normally he'd be in his office, searching for answers, but he couldn't stand the thought of being away from Aurora, especially right now.

Stephen glanced back at Aurora, who had a breathing tube shoved down her throat along with several IVs, hooked to a bag of water and the machines. His heart clenched. He couldn't lose her. Aurora had been his ray of sunshine in his mudane life. Sure Stephen loved his lifestyle, but he felt an empty hole. One that he thought he'd never fill until he got to know Aurora.

She had brought happiness and joy into his life. Stephen was doing things he thought he'd never do again, such as visiting rooftops to view the city lights like he used to do as a kid with his younger sister, Donna before she had died. Aurora made him laugh, made him feel lighter as though nothing else mattered or could worry him. Stephen loves spending time with Aurora. She was always on his mind. Ever since Aurora left to resume her work with S.H.I.E.L.D., Stephen thought about Aurora, wondering what she was doing and as if that wasn't enough, he began to delve into Aurora's hobbies and interests to get closer to her. And now Aurora was lying here, and Stephen couldn't do a damn thing. It disappointed and angered him. He couldn't afford to lose her, he cared for her... Stephen's breath hitched as he realized what this meant. How could he not have noticed before? Stephen is in love with Aurora Stark, and he fell deeply for her.

Astra kept her gaze on the white tiles in front of her. Coulson couldn't stop pacing the room, while Skye played with the ends of her hair, and Trip looked around, bouncing his leg, nervous and anxious. Astra thought back to the vial she found. Maybe it could help her. What choice did they have? Instead of telling anyone on the team, she decided to tell Stephen. With that in mind, she wandered the hallways until she found Christine. She wore a smile as she greeted Aurora's sister.

"Astra, how can I help you?" Christine asked.

"Hey, Christine, where's Stephen?" Astra inquired.

"He's in Aurora's room. He hasn't left." Christine explained. "He won't leave until he finds a way to save Aurora."

"Do you think I could talk to him?" Astra inquired.

"Good luck. I've tried, but he won't budge." Christine warned.

With that, Christine showed Astra the room, allowing Astra to enter. Stephen was still sitting in his chair beside Aurora, continuing to look at his tablet for answers.

"Stephen, Astra's here." Christine said.

Stephen merely nodded, keeping his gaze on the tablet. Christine's face fell as she glanced over at Astra, wishing her good luck. Once Christine left, Astra approached Stephen.

"I think I have something that may help Aurora." Astra commented.

This got Stephen's attention as he raised his head, seeing Astra took something out of the pocket of her pants, revealing a vial. He furrowed his brows. What the hell was that? Astra slowly handed it over to Stephen.