Chapter 46: The Clash Of Stark & Strange

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 46: The Clash of Stark & Strange⍟ ⎊ ⧗

Stephen and I made our way inside the restaurant. As soon as we approached the hostess, Stephen gave his name.

"Doctor Strange, table for two." Stephen announced.

The hostess glanced down at the book in front of her. After a few moments, she nodded, raising her head and giving us a smile.  

"Of course. Welcome. Follow me." She urged, grabbing two menus.

We then followed her down the room filled with tables and booths. However, to my surprise, she didn't stop. She kept going, escorting us into a hallway before we reached a staircase. Well, this is interesting...As soon as we climbed up the top of the stairs, the hostess lead us through two giant doors into a room I didn't even know existed. The entire room was empty with the exception of a small group, playing classical music. Wow...this was all...unexpected. There was a single table in the middle of the room with two chairs across from one another. The table had a bottle of wine, two glasses, and some candles in the middle of the table.

As soon as we reached the table, Stephen approached one of the chairs, pushing it out for me. I gave him a grateful smile before sitting down. Stephen flashed me a smile before sitting down across from me. The hostess approached us, giving us the menus.

"Take your time. Someone will be with you shortly." The hostess informed us.

I gave her a nod and a thanks before she took off, leaving Stephen and me alone. Stephen looked back at me giving me a loving smile. He then extended a hand out, reaching for my hand across the table. I met him halfway, intertwining my fingers with his.

"Surprise." He announced.

I cracked a smile, letting out my chuckle. "This is definitely a surprise all right."

"You love it, don't you?" Stephen asked.

I did like this, but it wasn't what I wanted exactly. I would have loved a simple picnic in the park with Stephen, eating a simple meal and then lying on the grass, watching the clouds pass by until night arrived and watching all the stars across the sky.

"Aurora?" Stephen asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I raised my head to see Stephen looking at me, worried. When I remained silent, Stephen's face fell.

"You don't like it?" He inquired.

My heart clenched. Oh I hated to see Stephen looking down. He did this thinking of me. I can't be selfish. I immediately flashed him a smile, giving his hand a squeeze.

"Oh no, I do." I assured him. "I'm just shocked, that's all. But you didn't have to do this. I would've been more happy to have a simple picnic with you."

"Nonsense. My girlfriend deserves the best." He mentioned, waving my words off with his hand.

My heart warmed at his words. Aww Stephen. He always knows what to say. a smile grew on my face as I gave Stephen's hand a gentle squeeze before I replied. "Thank you, Stephie. I truly appreciate it."

Stephen's smile widened as he responded. "Of course."

With that, Stephen grabbed the bottle and poured wine into our glasses. The rest of the night went along well. As we ate, we talked about our week, while the band played in the distance. It felt nice to be with Stephen like this. Once we had dessert, Stephen reached into his pocket, baffling me.

"I was waiting for this moment to give this to you." Stephen commented.

He revealed a piece of paper in an envelope. I furrowed my brows. Well, this was an interesting gift. However, my demeanor changed as soon as I opened up the envelope, revealing my name underneath a star. He bought me a star?